Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Purse

shadiakhavan
Explorer C

Hi Everyone!

I believe I left my purse (with my ID so my information is provided) on my flight from MSP to BWI (#319) yesterday 3/28 and hoping to connect with the flight crew to get more information- and furthermore, connect with anyone who has had a similar experience and have any advice.

Thank you!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lost Purse

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your best bet is to file a lost item report. If you haven't already you can find more information here... https://www.southwest.com/faq/lost-and-found

--TheMiddleSeat

shadiakhavan
Explorer C

Thank you! I have already filed a report. Wondering if you know- I talked to customer service to get more information about the protocol for lost items and they guided that the crew would've handed it off to airport security (in this case BWI lost and found). Since my ID was in my bag, would the crew try to reach out since my information is on my Southwest account.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@shadiakhavan I don't know for sure but I don't think the FA are obligated to contact you, they are obligated to get it to the airport you landed at's security or lost and found.  Now is everyone in that department honest??  I think it might depend on what you have in your purse.  Just a reminder, Aiport lost and found and Security is often not associated with SWA. 

Let me tell you about my experience, I left an IPAD (a very expensive one) on a flight in the seat.  I didn't even know that I had, but as we were at baggage claim an announcement was made, "An IPAD was left in the seat on SWA FLT (whatever it was) from (wherever it was).  To claim please see the attendant and the SWA lost baggage claim.  I checked my bag and yep it was mine.   I gave a description and the password to unlock it and she gave it to me.  

So, I'm not sure why, (if it was found by a FA) that this didn't go the same route.  I often hear in the airport, Passenger so and so go back to Gate (whatever it was you landed at) to retrieve a lost item)  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@shadiakhavan I don't know for sure but I don't think the FA are obligated to contact you, they are obligated to get it to the airport you landed at's security or lost and found.  Now is everyone in that department honest??  I think it might depend on what you have in your purse.  Just a reminder, Aiport lost and found and Security is often not associated with SWA. 

Let me tell you about my experience, I left an IPAD (a very expensive one) on a flight in the seat.  I didn't even know that I had, but as we were at baggage claim an announcement was made, "An IPAD was left in the seat on SWA FLT (whatever it was) from (wherever it was).  To claim please see the attendant and the SWA lost baggage claim.  I checked my bag and yep it was mine.   I gave a description and the password to unlock it and she gave it to me.  

So, I'm not sure why, (if it was found by a FA) that this didn't go the same route.  I often hear in the airport, Passenger so and so go back to Gate (whatever it was you landed at) to retrieve a lost item)  

This is all good - one point being it may have been found by a fellow passenger instead. I've chased people down in the terminal to return items when I've seen them leave hats, books, and kids items and they were sitting in a few rows in front of me. A few times I've returned items to the gate agent if I didn't seem them in the gate area. If I'm last off the plane and have no idea whose it was, give to the FA. 

Anyway go through the Southwest system with the lost item report and also try to reach BWI in case someone dropped it off directly to an airport employee. 

Getting in touch with the flight crew is probably not going to happen unless someone from the flight crew reached out directly. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

shadiakhavan
Explorer C

We need more people like you!! Luckily my purse was returned to the lost and found!! Thanks for sharing 🙂 

shadiakhavan
Explorer C

that's awesome! luckily enough, my purse was returned to lost and found and I received an email responding to my claim!! thanks for sharing your experience, it gave me hope for my purse and sure enough, SWA pulled through!!