Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost iPad on Southwest Airlines Flight 493

74cwilliams
Explorer C

I'm at a lost and don't know what to do.  I dropped my iPad Air on flight 493 from HOU to ATL on June 17th.  I filed a report with lost and found.  I turned on the find my and it says it is at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.  It hasn't updated since June 21st.  I'm sure the battery is dead.  It appears that it is at the hanger not the airport.  What can I do next?  How long does it take for them to clean the planes?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lost iPad on Southwest Airlines Flight 493

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It's likely not likely in Atlanta anymore. It is likely in Alabama which is where SW sends all found stuff.

Filing a lost item report with the airline is essential. It appears you have done that. The best thing to do to enhance your chances of getting your item back is to include your serial number on the lost item report.

There isn't anyone to call as the airline processes thousands of found items, and if people called, then the people in Alabama would be spending all their time answering   phones instead of getting items back to people.

You'll have to be patient as the process can take up to 30 days.

74cwilliams
Explorer C

I did include the serial number.  I appreciate your input!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

S/N and any other identifying info about the case would be helpful. They can't send you an iPad unless they know 100% it is yours, which the S/N is the best thing.

Keep trying the "find my" app in case they plug it in at Scottsboro. 

There is a number, but they don't answer it you have to leave a message. Without knowing your device made it there it would be tricky - I'd try the ATL lost and found also if the last known position is still at the airport.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

74cwilliams
Explorer C

I did try the Atlanta Lost & Found.  It's not there. 😞

74cwilliams
Explorer C

How long does it take to get to Scottsboro?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Days to a week? Other people who had fully charged devices saw them arrive there on Find My IPhone. (Don’t know if anyone plugged them in along the way or not.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.