Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lot of flights with Zero WiFi

celigo
Explorer C

Has anyone else noticed that Southwest flights have no WiFi now? Sure, they “offer it” but every flight I’ve had with them recently, the flight starts with an announcement that the WiFi is out. Wondering if this is mostly for shorter flights (~2 hr) since this is most of what I fly.

Personally I think they’re trying to get out of providing what was advertised. Anyone else have a similar experience?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lot of flights with Zero WiFi

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I haven't noticed any increase in flights with no wi-fi service, but the service has been and continues to be sketchy and sporadic. Something that is new is emailed surveys asking about the quality of the wi-fi service after most every flight.

bec102896
Aviator A

I’m currently on a streak of 9 of 11 flights no Wi-Fi (7 of last 8 no Wi-Fi)  of course the 1 that had working Wi-Fi was the 30min flight 

if you paid for Wi-Fi and it didn’t work I would send an email to southwest so they can issue your a refund (hopefully) 

I know they are going to upgrade the Wi-Fi but that takes time hopefully next year it should be better. 

cjbetty
Explorer C

I have been flying frequently as well and almost all my flights they announced the wi-do was not working. Thankfully I tried it anyway and it worked, slow but worked. It wasn’t until my movie was almost over that it turned off. Extremely disappointed as well since they were not able to do drink service either. I don’t drink anything either way but I noticed it on all my flights lately which was such a coincidence. 

sahorner1
Explorer C

Yes. I have posted previously about this.  I think I’ve had one flight out of at least 10 in the last year without WiFi.  I don’t get it. It’s 2022 and they are a progressive airline based in Dallas. Where’s the tech?   I really don’t want to switch airlines but becoming a real problem.  

sahorner1
Explorer C

Sorry. 1 flight out of 10 WITH WiFi