Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Memorable flight

MoKeel
Explorer C

My flight was on June 29th from DAL to DCA (2988).  I had traveled to TX pick up my grandson to spend the summer with me and it also happened to be his birthday.  We happened to be sitting in the row where the FA was standing while boarding.  We had small talk and I mentioned it was my grandsons Birthday.. Once everyone was boarded and settled and as the FA was going over the rules and flight guidelines we hear an announcement asking where is Jace can you please raise your hand? Upon hearing his name my grandsons eyes got so big and he says Meme that's me.  Well the FA proceeded to ask everyone on the plane to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Grandson.  He was so overwhelmed and surprised the look on his 5 year old face was priceless!! He said Meme how did everyone know it was my Birthday? 🤫 I would like to give A BIG Thank you to Jess Amber and Cecil the crew of flight 2988 from DAL to DCA.  You not only touched my heart but you made that little 5yo's day a memorable one. And as a added bonus a passenger blessed him with a lil bday cash.. How cool was that!?  Mr Airhead stranger (Jace shared his airhead candy with this passenger) I hope you read this I just want to say thank you as well that was such a wonderful gesture and surprise for Jace...And no he didn't restock his airhead supply ..lol..when he got home he put it in his piggybank.  He couldn't wait to call his Mom to tell her about how GREAT his Birthday flight was...I can't say thank you enough. Just another reason to add to my " Why I love to fly SW"

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Memorable flight

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Great story.

Thanks for sharing it.

What you experienced is the reason so many people love Southwest.

You can insure that Jess, Amber and Cecil get deserved pats on the back from Southwest by contacting

Southwest Customer relations about it

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Customer-Service-Compliment/ta-p/8724...

MoKeel
Explorer C
Solution

Thank you!! I will do just that 🙂

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

Love this!! Thank you for sharing!

--Jessica