Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Memorial weekend travel. Post, was it good or bad for you.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Well with the overwhelming increase in travel passengers this weekend, I'm very curious how the airlines, specifically SWA, are going to handle it.  I'm sure we are going to see a spike in disgruntled complaints on the forum when passengers knowingly decided to fly on this first holiday weekend of freedom.  I'm glad I didn't schedule a flight this weekend.  So post your experiences.   

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Memorial weekend travel. Post, was it good or bad for you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I completed my last trip on the 25th just so I would not have to travel this weekend. The airpotts were packed.

jksobonya
Aviator A

It was great! I was in Nashville, flew in Friday, flew out Sunday. Didn't have any problems at all. One of my connections wasn't full and the middle seat was open - got lucky!

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

My 5:45am flight OKC-HOU this morning (Tuesday) was not full. It wasn't empty, but it wasn't full either. That's the first time in a few weeks that that has been the case.

gsking
Aviator C

Hawaii flight was full,  as was the airport yesterday.   No ride share to be found.   But today's local flight is empty,  as usual,  even though the airport is full. 

Little patience left for masks.   Not sure they can manage until September. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

No ride share to be found. 

Tell me about it, that was my biggest fear with my Nashville trip because my hotel was about 20 miles from the airport, and the festival I attended another 10 miles from there. Uber was completely useless, but thank God Lyft had rides available - even at midnight! It was such a relief. I had real concerns I was going to be stranded or miss my flight going home if I couldn't find a ride. Or pay enormous amounts for a taxi. 

--Jessica