Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mexico Tourist Form or FMM

Lemiller19
Explorer C

Going to Mexico in a week and a half.  Would like to know if Southwest still hands out the Tourist Form or FMM card needed for arrival and departure.  We always filled it out on the plane but I am now seeing that it may need to be filled out online.  Does anyone know what the process is for Southwest.  I called but the person I spoke to didn't know the answer.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Mexico Tourist Form or FMM

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Seems like it would be faster to do it online ahead of time anyway so why not just do it?

https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/

--TheMiddleSeat

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Yep! Adding on to that, they have Tourist Cards on-hand at the airport as well and they should also have them on the plane, although the ones on the plane do run out quickly. I would recommend filling it out online as @TheMiddleSeat said - all the customs agent has to do is scan the form and it'll save you much time at the airport. The customs hall at some airports in Mexico can be extremely crowded during heavy travel times (afternoon). Lucky for you, as of March 2022, the Mexican Government is no longer requiring passengers to fill out the health declaration, so all you would need is a passport, visa (if applicable), and the Mexican tourist card. Yay!

One more handy piece of advice (from personal experience) - do not lose the tourist card after entering Mexico. You will need the other part of the form to exit the country. Your airline will require you to surrender it upon exiting, and it could result in hefty fines if you don't have it with you.

Safe travels!

Lemiller19
Explorer C

Thank you so much for your reply.  Helpful information.

Lemiller19
Explorer C

Thank you for your reply.  I saw a lot of postings warning you of online forms that were not legitimate and charged a fee so I was hesistant to do this online.  The link you sent was also one that I have come across.

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

@Lemiller19 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I saw a lot of postings warning you of online forms that were not legitimate and charged a fee so I was hesistant to do this online.  The link you sent was also one that I have come across.

Here's the official government link: https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

The MexicoTouristCard.com one embeds this link into their webpage after they ask for your contact information. Hopefully, this clears it up. 🙂

Lemiller19
Explorer C

Thank You