Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missing Inflight Wifi Receipt

WendyJ
Explorer C

Good Morning,

I flew to Nashville TN on a work trip and paid $8 for in flight WiFi, to and fro. I included all my information including an email for payment receipt. My Corp Card was charged but no receipt was sent for payment and reconciling work expenses. I tried to find the receipt with the online tool provided by Southwest. The receipts didn't come through. I clicked on the inflight purchases webpage provided by southwest to see if I can find more information, the page returned a 404 error. I called the SWA customer service desk and I was asked to send an email as they do not have access to send the receipts. I send an email to their customer relations desk and I'm told it might take 10+ days for a response. 10 days!! For a receipt. I proceeded to google to see if there was anything else I could do, come to find out someone else had this same problem as me from 2017!!!! So for 5 years, SWA hasn't found a way to resolve this issue???

1) Why ask us to provide email address if the receipt won't be sent to the email provided?

2) You can easily include a disclaimer for us to take a screen capture of the receipt since this is a problem SWA is well aware of

3) The website to retrieve inflight receipts from is clearly not working, you might as well take it down as opposed to misleading us

4) The process of retrieving a receipt should NOT be this difficult. Its 2022. If it cannot be automated, your CSR should have access to sending out the receipts.

This whole thing is maddening and frustrating. I need to complete my expense report for work and I do not have the 10+ days your customer relations team is asking me to wait for.

As the previous customer with the same issue mentioned, "you are supposed to be a model for travel efficiency...continue the practice in your billing/receipt services division especially in this day and age with rapid purchases happening in flight constantly"

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Missing Inflight Wifi Receipt

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum so you can certainly rant here, but no one here can assist you with getting a receipt.  It sounds like you have contacted Southwest and just need to wait the 10 days as they have stated.

--TheMiddleSeat

WendyJ
Explorer C

Thank you,

Yes I came here to rant and also see if anyone has experienced such recently. I reached out to them on Facebook and twitter and got my receipts almost immediately. 🙂

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@WendyJ wrote:

Thank you,

Yes I came here to rant and also see if anyone has experienced such recently. I reached out to them on Facebook and twitter and got my receipts almost immediately. 🙂

Glad they were able to come up with something.

I agree:

• I usually get an email but once or twice didn't get one
  • I also encourage people to take a screen shot of it or photo of the confirmation page so you have it as a backup
  • I never used the lookup function so I'm not sure if it works sometimes, just in your case whatever prevented the email of the receipt also prevented it from being looked-up

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.