Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Most embarrassing and harassing treatment

Will2178
Explorer C

My wife and 12 year old daughter are currently on flight 1007.   The flight was scheduled to board at 855am and take off at 925am.  There was a significant delay which is not the fault of anyone.  My wife has been in communication with me up until the time the cabin door closed. When it was time to Start boarding the flight attendants seems hurried and somewhat frustrated.  As stated my wife is with my 12 year old daughter and they both have carry on luggage.  When she was putting the luggage in the over head she was struggling a little and her mask came off her nose.  The flight attended didn’t offer to help but did aggressively tell her she had to put her mask on immediately.  My wife replied she would it just came down while she was trying to put luggage up.  Flight attended told her there was no excuse.  My wife put her mask on and sat down.  Moments later a supervisor came onto the plane at the request of the flight attendant (he said) to address the unruly passenger.  He proceeded to lecture her about a mask that she was wearing.  At this point my daughter is in tears and my wife has no idea what he is talking about.  Even states maybe it was someone else and he has the wrong row.  Well she was treated so badly from the start that another passenger (that we don’t know) video taped the interaction.   Which she has already sent to me.  I think it’s extremely disrespectful to act this way.  And to make the entire situation worse, the video is very clear that the supervisor is addressing my wife about allegedly not wearing her mask properly AND HIS MASK IS NOT ON.  IT IS COMPLETELY DOWN UNDER HIS NOSE.  My wife is extremely embarrassed  and my daughter is crying.  And now they will most likely feel this way for the remainder of the flight.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Most embarrassing and harassing treatment

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, but this sounds fishy to me. The giveaway:

"Well she was treated so badly from the start that another passenger (that we don’t know) video taped the interaction.   Which she has already sent to me."

How did the passenger (that you don't know) manage to get you a video before the plane even departed? Had to be that way since that person would not have been able to do so post

departure.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

So you were able to continue on the flight and were reminded that wearing a mask is required.  ok.  And?

If you want to submit your comments directly to Southwest go for it, use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

Will2178
Explorer C

Thank you.  I thought I was sending to southwest.  Didn’t realize if was a chat room.   Just google how to contact and signed in.  I will redirect.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Will2178 wrote:

Thank you.  I thought I was sending to southwest.  Didn’t realize if was a chat room.   Just google how to contact and signed in.  I will redirect.  

This is the Southwest Community Forums where peers write about their experiences with Southwest from booking flights to flying, general advice, etc. This forum is not monitored actively by SWA employees - if you have an actual complaint that you want SWA to know about you need to click "Contact Us" below and direct your inquiry to Southwest directly.

--Jessica

p.s. The federal mask mandate for public transportation ends one month from today.