Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Movies missing

cb2367
Explorer C

I recently did a flight from FLL to MCO to CMH. First flight was short, but plenty of movies to choose from. The second flight, more than half of the movies were missing. Just 9 total on the second flight. Multiple restarts all with the same result. 

I tried connecting to in flight wifi in my phone, but the portal page was loading very slow and it wouldn't connect to the proper page; kept going to the in flight entertainment portal instead of the one where there would be buttons across the top like movies, TV,  etc. 

How is it that on one flight I had plenty of movies to choose from and the second had just 9. I guess SW wasn't kidding about the "tagline": enjoy these movies handpicked by us.  It literally was handpicked with only 9. Didn't even get to finish the movie I started on the first flight because it was missing on the second one. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Movies missing

floridaguy
Aviator C

Since the free online movies and chat are part of the flight package, request a refund of your ticket since you did not receive the entire "package" as advertised.

If Southwest is going to promote these free movies during flight, then they need to work.

You will likely receive a LUV voucher for the majority of your purchase.  If Southwest gives enough LUV vouchers, the problem will get fixed.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

To suggest that a refund of the ticket is possible because some movies were not available is completely ridiculous. Sometimes the wifi is unavailable, sometimes not all shows work, it's just the way it goes occasionally. There will not be any refunds of tickets provided. Perhaps a small voucher as an apology, but even that seems completely unnecessary. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Earlier this year I had a flight that was delayed by about 4 hours. I asked for a voucher - twice. My request was denied.

If I couldn't get compensation for something like that, I seriously doubt I would get one because "my 'FREE" movie would not play."

floridaguy
Aviator C

I've been compensated for mishaps via LUV voucher a few times.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I've been compensated for mishaps via LUV voucher a few times.

Congratulations

floridaguy
Aviator C

Thank you.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Earlier this year I had a flight that was delayed by about 4 hours. I asked for a voucher - twice. My request was denied.

Need me to get you a voucher? 

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

@bec102896 wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

Need me to get you a voucher? 

The rule is usually three hours for delay compensation (as a “gesture of goodwill”) if the delay is Southwest’s fault (mechanical, crew) but not for weather or ATC, though.

kennedywilson
Employee
Employee

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a limited options of movies on your second flight and were unable to complete the movie you began on your first flight. We appreciate the awareness and the Southwest Team is working to ensure this is not a problem in the future.