Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Internet Connection Wi-Fi

nick_asian
Explorer C

Until earlier this year, the wifi has always worked well for me. Not many issues aside from the casual slowness that's to be expected. But recently, my iPhone has not been able to get connected to the wifi. I'll select the network, get the splash screen to open Safari, and then I get hit with a "you are not connected to the internet" message when Safari tries to load the page. I go back to settings to see a yellow error message for the Southwest wifi network that says "No Internet Connection." I've tested it with other devices such as my laptop and my girlfriend's iPhone, which is the same one as mine, and the network connects.

I've tried to different troubleshooting methods starting with the Forget Network option, power cycle, updates for the OS, and nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix?

23 REPLIES 23

Re: No Internet Connection Wi-Fi

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have been running an extra long ethernet cable between my device and the ground during flight.

I found an extra long ethernet cable on Amazon.  Seems to work well.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I have been running an extra long ethernet cable between my device and the ground during flight.

I found an extra long ethernet cable on Amazon.  Seems to work well.

Obviously you have no clue the maximum length of an ethernet cable is around 300ft. How is it that I report a troll? 

As for the OP's question, the only suggestion I can think of at the moment moment is to "forget the network". Sometimes that appears to reset the connection. It's at least something to try.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Please stop trolling my posts.

I have the right to contribute to this board as long as I stay within the community rules.  An occasional post of humor is needed from time to time.  If you do not like my posts, set your account to "ignore" what I have to offer.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy I suggest you read the Community guidelines... 

"Be relevant to the topic on the discussion board and blog." 

"Make sure your contributions are relevant to the purpose of the Community and to the specific discussion board or blog where you post. For example, if you have a question about a Southwest policy, please make sure you post it in the General Travel Policies discussion forum. If you are commenting on a blog article, keep your comments related to the contents of the post."

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

instead of trying to select my network, I simply type in getconnected.southweswifi.com. 

It works every time.

nick_asian
Explorer C

@dfwskier I'm sure I've tried that before as well but the page never loads since the connection with the wifi network is never fully established. Could you elaborate on the steps you take yourself? Is it that you just select the Southwest wifi network, ignore the splash screen for it to take you to the browser, go to the browser directly, and type in the url or just go to the website and then select the Southwest wifi network?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I just have wifi turned on. I do not select sw wifi.

There shouldn't be any wifi signals except for southwest's

Then type the url into my browser.

Which then automatically hooks me into sw wifi.

nick_asian
Explorer C

@dfwskier wrote:

I just have wifi turned on. I do not select sw wifi.

There shouldn't be any wifi signals except for southwest's

Then type the url into my browser.

Which then automatically hooks me into sw wifi.

It sounds like you do so with the network remembered on your device. Because I’ve tried troubleshooting and making my device forget the SW wifi, I’d have to manually select it and eventually it’d bring me to the splash screen to accept the T&C and loop through the problem all over again.

nick_asian
Explorer C

I've tried the Forget Network option so many times and when I try to connect back to the wifi network again, it either takes me on the same loop or just flat out says "No Internet Connection."