Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Wifi

THEGORAS
Explorer C

4 hour flight MDW to SNA. No attempt to fix. I need to use this time to work. Totally unacceptable Southwest!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No Wifi

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

These posts always make me laugh.  Flying in a big metal tube, 35000 feet in the air at 400 miles an hour and we expect the wifi to work perfectly every time.  You're welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.  You should be able to get a refund if you paid for the wifi service.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Unfortunately, in flight WiFI is neither predictably usable or even existent.

My advice would be to not expect it to be useful if you REALLY need to get something done.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I'm pleasantly surprised when the wifi does work. This is an area where Southwest is behind its competitors.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

These posts always make me laugh.  Flying in a big metal tube, 35000 feet in the air at 400 miles an hour and we expect the wifi to work perfectly every time.  You're welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.  You should be able to get a refund if you paid for the wifi service.

--TheMiddleSeat

Right! And let's be honest - who "works" on an airplane anyway? Whatever you're doing can't wait 2-3 hours? I would never want that kind of life where I can't even go on an airplane without working. 

--Jessica

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I understand both points of view on Wi-Fi, but since Free Wi-Fi is one of the very few perks of A-List Preferred status it would be nice if it worked better. For me personally, I work in a just in time, on call world, and the option to plug in and interact is a financial benefit to my company and ultimately me.

I will say that when the wi-fi is working (and my phone is in airplane mode), it now rings during flights unless I disable the wi-fi calling feature. Just a bit embarrassing 🙄