Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more Coke products?

Txtraveler
Explorer C

Okay, so I love SW no matter what they serve. I'm curious though what happened to the in-flight beverage menu? Today on my flight I was informed that there is no longer Sprite (or Sprite Zero) to enjoy with my vodka. 

After looking through the updated drink menu card, while there are photos of the Coke, Diet Coke, etc cans, it is not listed as an option. Can you add Fresca maybe? The new options are not good. The Canada Dry sparkling water with flavoring was awful. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No more Coke products?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I couldn't find the exact announcement, but back in November they announced some changes to the drink selections. Most drinks will remain unchanged. 

I was able to find this summary:
Starting December 1, Blue Moon will be phased in as the seasonal beer offering. In addition, Bud Light will be permanently replaced with Lagunitas as a regular beer offering (alongside Miller Lite, Dos Equis, and Fat Tire).

Starting January 1, Seven Up will replace Sprite and Sprite Zero will be replaced with Canada Dry Lemon Lime sparking water.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Starting January 1, Seven Up will replace Sprite and Sprite Zero will be replaced with Canada Dry Lemon Lime sparking water.

This actually sounds good to me. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

This actually sounds good to me. 

Not sure why this suddenly floated to the top, but I did enjoy the sparkling water as predicted when I finally had a flight in April.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@Txtraveler, you really got my curiosity up, and I just happened to be on a flight yesterday.

The pictures are drinks they have available AND the words are other drinks they have available, so they have not given up on Coke products.   I am not sure why they don't list everything in words because there is plenty of room on the menu, but that information hopefully answers your question.

See you sipping in the sky sometime soon!