Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Nuts on board again? (Comment edited by author)

lanoodle
Explorer C

I have removed this comment because I was mistaken.  SW Airlines is not bringing back nuts for online consumption.  I was contacted by the airline and had an informative conversation with them about the article that was online reference SW "bringing back peanuts".  The article was referencing the online sale NOT an in-flight snack.

Thank you SW Airlines for the follow-up and your continued support of your customers. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Nuts on board again?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I'm confused. Where did you hear or read that SW will be launching peanuts on flights again?

The only recent announcement about peanuts is that SW is offering them for sale in their online store (not on flights).  More about that here.  This keeps the peanut allergy folks safe while offering a fun thing for the nostalgic folks.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest HAS NOT announced a decision to reintroduce peanuts on flghts.

Period. End of story.

Seling peanuts on a website does not equal what you allege.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Erm. What?

Per your own bold text, peanuts were removed from flights last year. Please post the article where they are being added back. We'll wait :cathappy: 

--Jessica

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi everyone! We are not bringing back peanuts onboard and apologize for any confusion. This week we had lots of folks interested in purchasing a peanut themed lunch box from our store. 

Nicole
Community Manager

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, some media framed the story as "Southwest Brings Peanuts Back!" and this triggered knee jerk reactions by some people who didn't take the time to actually read past the click-bait title.

Better reporting outlets made it clear that peanuts were not returning on board.

I was puzzled by the timing of the release (since the boxes had been sold out for some time, and were initially unable to even be back ordered) but I'd be very surprised if Southwest didn't anticipate this could be misinterpreted in this way. I do however think that the initial announcement could have made this more clear.

jtminneapolis
Explorer C

Although I completely understand SWA's position...I will carry my own peanuts onboard.

9 times out 10 no issue, and if it a problem sitting near me....just put them away.  Problem solved.

Ps....the pretzels are disgusting and usually stale and maybe a half dozen pretzels per serving....and God forbid you ask for two.