Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Passenger removal

LordDelacroix
New Arrival

You should watch the entire, unedited video before you make a statement like that. The man removed the mask to eat his peanuts and was asked to put it back it on before he was removed from the plane. If you look in the background, there are PLENTY of other people on the plane without their masks also eating peanuts

Aerogirl_7
New Arrival

Sounds like you didn't watch the video, where various passengers CONFIRMED that he DID wear his mask and ONLY lowered it when he was eating. There was ZERO response from the SOUTHWEST AGENTS regarding standing behind THEIR OWN COMPANY POLICY. It was absolutely ABSURD to have kicked him off a flight.

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@justjoe wrote:

Did you bother to read the post immediately before yours before starting to type your rant?

upsetatyousw
New Arrival

Something happened the other day on a flight from Tampa Florida. I am sure you are aware of it. I live in Florida and I traveled often before the shutdown. I understand the airlines are hurting so it disturbs and puzzle’s me you think you can treat a paying customer like this. Is it your policy to have a white supervisor representing Southwest Airlines remove a black customer from a flight because he was not thinking like you expect a black man to think? Did it bother you he got off the plantation? Is it because you don't want the business of Trump supporters? He complied to your rules as he was asked to when he got on. It was clearly not about the mask. He was eating trail mix and drinking coffee as where other passengers on the plane. They were not harassed in any way. Very shameful. This will not be forgotten. Regards.

JDRiley-1027
New Arrival

Yes very shameful! Someone needs to be fired or SW needs to be shut down! Period! 

PCfromAG
New Arrival

I'm surprised that the video wasn't confiscated as the man was being removed for supporting the POTUS. This is a new age of censorship & political bias..

JDRiley-1027
New Arrival

It is bias! Someone needs to be held responsible! This type of thing is what is wrong with our country....people acting like this is okay! It’s not okay period! 

JDRiley-1027
New Arrival

I would like to know the same thing! You should be ashamed of yourself and the company owes this man an apology! He is wearing a hat with OUR current President and the last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and can wear what we want! I’m sure if a man came on board with a BLM hat on it would be just fine! You know the people tearing our cities up and burning people’s businesses! This is a **bleep** flight not a political debate, wow a Trump hat, y’all are messed up! I hope SW goes under! Oh and how do u expect people to eat their peanuts and drinks through a mask....what a **bleep** show! Someone needs to be help responsible! 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thank you for reaching out so we can share our statement:

Our reports indicate that this Customer was asked repeatedly by more than one Employee at different times to wear a face mask. The Customer did not comply with our Crew’s multiple verbal requests—including while boarding the flight before seated. Therefore, the decision was made to return to the gate and re-accommodate him on a later flight to his final destination after receiving assurances he would comply with our face covering policy. We regret the inconvenience the situation created for all involved, but our Crew must support the well-being and comfort of all Passengers.

Our policy clearly states that we require all Customers over the age of two to wear a face covering or face mask while traveling to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We communicate this policy to all Customers at multiple touchpoints throughout the travel journey including during booking, in a pre-trip email sent prior to departure, and during a required acknowledgement that’s part of the Customer Health Declaration Form which appears during the check-in process on the Southwest app, Southwest.com, Southwest’s mobile website, and airport kiosks. We do acknowledge there may be times when a Customer needs to briefly remove their face covering, for instance, to eat, drink, or take medicine. However, we expect these instances to be very brief, and Customers should put their face covering back on as soon as possible.

Southwest Airlines Employees welcome onboard millions of Customers every year, with a goal of treating each one with respect, kindness, and fairness—delivering our world-class warmth and Hospitality. And, we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.

Nicole
Community Manager

Topper
New Arrival

I read your comment. Not good enough. It's obvious from the video he was kicked off because he was a Black Man supporting Trump. Even the passengers sided with him.