Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Passenger removal

TravelGuru
Explorer A

Mask nazis will be looked back on like the tyrants they are. How can you defend this nonsense? The virus is smaller than the mask! That’s why despite all the masks mandates people are still catching it. 

LordDelacroix
Explorer C

You should watch the entire, unedited video before you make a statement like that. The man removed the mask to eat his peanuts and was asked to put it back it on before he was removed from the plane. If you look in the background, there are PLENTY of other people on the plane without their masks also eating peanuts

Aerogirl_7
Explorer C

Sounds like you didn't watch the video, where various passengers CONFIRMED that he DID wear his mask and ONLY lowered it when he was eating. There was ZERO response from the SOUTHWEST AGENTS regarding standing behind THEIR OWN COMPANY POLICY. It was absolutely ABSURD to have kicked him off a flight.

Yuovette
Explorer C

Thats not at all what happened. The man compiled and was kicked off bc he took it down to eat his peanuts . How else Is he supposed to eat or drink 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@justjoe wrote:

Did you bother to read the post immediately before yours before starting to type your rant?

upsetatyousw
Explorer C

Something happened the other day on a flight from Tampa Florida. I am sure you are aware of it. I live in Florida and I traveled often before the shutdown. I understand the airlines are hurting so it disturbs and puzzle’s me you think you can treat a paying customer like this. Is it your policy to have a white supervisor representing Southwest Airlines remove a black customer from a flight because he was not thinking like you expect a black man to think? Did it bother you he got off the plantation? Is it because you don't want the business of Trump supporters? He complied to your rules as he was asked to when he got on. It was clearly not about the mask. He was eating trail mix and drinking coffee as where other passengers on the plane. They were not harassed in any way. Very shameful. This will not be forgotten. Regards.

JDRiley-1027
Explorer B

Yes very shameful! Someone needs to be fired or SW needs to be shut down! Period! 

PCfromAG
Explorer B

I'm surprised that the video wasn't confiscated as the man was being removed for supporting the POTUS. This is a new age of censorship & political bias..

JDRiley-1027
Explorer B

It is bias! Someone needs to be held responsible! This type of thing is what is wrong with our country....people acting like this is okay! It’s not okay period! 

JDRiley-1027
Explorer B

I would like to know the same thing! You should be ashamed of yourself and the company owes this man an apology! He is wearing a hat with OUR current President and the last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and can wear what we want! I’m sure if a man came on board with a BLM hat on it would be just fine! You know the people tearing our cities up and burning people’s businesses! This is a **bleep** flight not a political debate, wow a Trump hat, y’all are messed up! I hope SW goes under! Oh and how do u expect people to eat their peanuts and drinks through a mask....what a **bleep** show! Someone needs to be help responsible!