Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Plane Crackers

sirjeff
Explorer B

The new "Plane Crackers" are great. So great i asked flight (male) attendant on flight 413 Nov 1 from Punta Cana back to FLL for an additional bag. "May I have two, these are great". He simply looked at me and rolled his eyes and kept walking. Have been traveling SWA since the 70's and 

this has never happened. Flight was about 75% full. Two hour flight. His attitude display is not

what SWA expects from their employees. Is there a rule about extra nuts or crackers now?

J.E

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Plane Crackers

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sirjeff wrote:

The new "Plane Crackers" are great. So great i asked flight (male) attendant on flight 413 Nov 1 from Punta Cana back to FLL for an additional bag. "May I have two, these are great". He simply looked at me and rolled his eyes and kept walking. Have been traveling SWA since the 70's and 

this has never happened. Flight was about 75% full. Two hour flight. His attitude display is not

what SWA expects from their employees. Is there a rule about extra nuts or crackers now?

J.E

Yes, the new plane crackers are great.

There's no rule about extra snacks that I'm aware of. I had the same reaction as you to the new crackers on a Denver/Chicago flight 10 days ago.  I asked for an extra bag. The flight attendant brought me two bags.

Maybe the FA on your flight was just having a bad day.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sirjeff wrote:

J.E

Only for international flights that you could have declarations issues by bringing open food, especially fruits. But that doesn't sound like the issue that you had here based on the eye rolling action.

Anyway...if it happens again just ask one of the other FA. Obviously the attitude is not okay, but in the meantime you should get the crackers as long as the supply hasn't run out or something.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

@sirjeff, that's definitely not the typical experience. I wish it hadn't gone that way - normally, our Flight Attendants are all too happy to provide extra snacks. Customer Service is at the Heart of everything we do, and there's never a good excuse for bad attitude. Please come back and let us serve you again soon!

sirjeff
Explorer B

Hi Lindsey, I know this was the exception. I fly all the time and your crews deal with more cranky passenges. I blew it off. However, the others sitting close by observed it...their impression of the situtation is what we want to protect. SWA rocks.  thank you   jeff

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@sirjeff,

I completely agree, our reputation is valuable and we need to remain vigilant in protecting it. Thank you for being a Customer - so glad to hear you say that this experience was an exception and not the rule!

jaimi_lynne
Explorer C

Is it possible to get some of those plane crackers outside of flights? I flew SW last weekend and saw them. My daughter’s first birthday is next month and will be travel themed, and those crackers would be perfect for it!