Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Please do NOT relax mask policy; as a high-risk individual, it puts me- & others- at risk

dphuntsman
Explorer C

I’m shocked at the amount of anti-science, anti-medical, instant ‘experts’ posting on the boards; the type of people that are responsible for the United States being in the worst medical disaster on Earth right now, and all because of this type of murderous, willful, ignorance and incompetence. I’m not going to respond to any of the predictable non-intelligent anti-science feedback, and neither should anyone else. Southwest needs to continue to help us protect ourselves- AND our families AND everyone else-in this terribly un-necessary massive outbreak in the US. As we all can see, some insist on taking dummy-pills- in 21st Century America, of all places!! - and as a result, they’ve helped kill more people than a majority of our wars, combined; and the year isn’t even out yet, and the kill rate is STILL climbing because of them. Don’t give it; DON’T stop being careful; protect yourself from these crazies as much as you can; not only for your sake, but for the rest of us. This is far from over because of them.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Please do NOT relax mask policy; as a high-risk individual, it puts me- & others- at risk

dfwskier
Aviator A

Lots of people feel just as you do.

However, you are not making your request to Southwest on this board since this is a customer to customer forum.

If you do want to make your request directly to Southwest, here's how you can do so:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

Re: Please do NOT relax mask policy; as a high-risk individual, it puts me- & others- at risk

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Agree, the majority, not the minority, are on your side.  I've sent a few comments to the customer service link and expressed that I feel that masks should still be mandated 2-3 months past the distribution of the vaccine.  Just as you note, there is also still that population that will refuse to get the vaccine.  I also think the proactive approach of cleaning the airplanes as they do.  This will be quite a task as I also assume that after the first of the year that many of the flights will start to come back in anticipation of the vaccine.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't think Southwest is not being careful. Quite the contrary - if anyone is listening to the science, they are, and the science is saying that COVID transmission on an aircraft is practically non-existent, so you have very little to worry about. As far as relaxing the mask policy, I haven't heard that Southwest is relaxing it, but they are allowing planes to be booked to capacity (in other words, allowing middle seat occupancy). 

--Jessica

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I've not heard anything to suggest that Southwest is considering relaxing the mask policy. Ignore the rantings of crazy people online, listen to the experts. Southwest is certainly smart enough to understand that the studies show transmission risk is low aboard an aircraft specifically when masks are utilized.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@chgoflyer I don't think anybody has stated that SWA "is" relaxing the mask policy, but hoping that they don't relax it, as I'm sure you might agree.  IMO, the person who started the thread is just expressing that he hopes they don't.  I agree with you, the science does show promise in regard to the spread of disease on airplanes, and I'm flying in December, so it's not keeping me off a plane.  Sorry that us ranting crazy folks still have a concern on the mask policy.  See you in the air.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@chgoflyer I don't think anybody has stated that SWA "is" relaxing the mask policy, but hoping that they don't relax it, as I'm sure you might agree.  IMO, the person who started the thread is just expressing that he hopes they don't.  I agree with you, the science does show promise in regard to the spread of disease on airplanes, and I'm flying in December, so it's not keeping me off a plane.  Sorry that us ranting crazy folks still have a concern on the mask policy.  See you in the air.

To be clear, the crazy people I was referring to are the anti-mask ones mentioned in the OP's first paragraph. I certainly wouldn't put you in that category, unless I've missed something. 😉

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@chgoflyer   All clear now.... Have a great day.  

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Maybe somebody can help me with this.  I heard out of the side of my ear something about, President-Elect Biden, stating there will be something like mandatory mask wearing for 100 days.   Can anyone add anything to this?  It's not a Biden thing, it's a, I'm glad it might be true thing regardless of who came up with the idea.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Sadly, now more than ever, it's a good idea to always get your news from reputable sources only, and to avoid repeating unverified rumors. It seems crazy that this bears repeating, but with certain powerful people choosing to manipulate the public with false "news" for their own benefit, vigilance and truth are our strongest weapons.

Yesterday President-elect Biden announced that once he takes office he was ask Americans to wear masks for 100 days.

Biden Says He Will Ask Americans to Wear Masks for 100 Days to Fight COVID-19 Spread