Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Please relax mask policy

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@dfwskier wrote:

@M3WAState wrote:

Traveling across the country on long flights is stressful for adult and children alike. The SW policy to kick parents and non-compliant two year olds off the plane is misguided and simply cruel. As parents, we are trying to do the right thing for our children while adhering to flight rules. A little more understanding of that by the airline and its passengers could go a long way. 

I view it a bit differently. Parents that can;t get their kids to wear masks are taking the risk of exposing their kids to the virus or having their kids infect others.. Southwest isn't being cruel to anyone. Southwest is simply enforcing a policy that every boarding adult passenger has agreed to abide by.

If I had a kid that would not wear a mask, I would not put the kid on a plane -- but  that's just me.

Actually, SW is in fact violating the Air Carrier Access Act by forcing customers and the children of customers to wear masks. 

Even IF we assume that there was a pathogenic virus going around (which there's not, see other post for proof), it still wouldn't necessitate the use of masks. Even mainstream allopathic physicians who believe in the existence and pathogenicity of the SARS-CoV-2 virus agree that face masks are useless: 

https://www.meehanmd.com/blog/2020-10-10-an-evidence-based-scientific-analysis-of-why-masks-are-inef...

Worth the read. Reduced oxygen saturation isn't good for anyone, but this is especially true of the elderly and the young. If you think about it in functional terms, cloth and surgical  masks cannot filter out viral particles because the pores in these masks are simply too big. 

So no, there is nothing in the scientific or medical literature supporting the use of face masks. If Southwest doesn't want to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy (bailouts don't last forever), they should reconsider their illegal mask mandate.

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@M3WAState wrote:

I don't disagree that masks are important and I think you're missing my point. As I initially stated, we are compliant in our state. Quickly stopping at a grocery store for a couple of items with a masked child is do able. Masking the child when appropriate and required by our governor's guidelines, generally, isn't a problem. Traveling across the country on long flights is stressful for adult and children alike. The SW policy to kick parents and non-compliant two year olds off the plane is misguided and simply cruel. As parents, we are trying to do the right thing for our children while adhering to flight rules. A little more understanding of that by the airline and its passengers could go a long way. 

Cloth and surgical masks do NOT filter out viral particles. Please see my other posts in this discussion. The pores in these masks are simply too large to be able to properly filter out viral particles. 

If you're a parent, then PLEASE do not make your child wear a mask, not even "during a quick trip to the grocery store." You do care about their physical and mental development, don't you? Well, we all know that reduced oxygen saturation isn't good for anyone, but this is especially true for the young. 

Southwest is actually violating the Air Carrier Access Act by forcing customers to wear masks. All the scientific and medical literature show that wearing masks INCREASES the likelihood of infection. This is even true in the context of hospital operating rooms. 

I mean, you're free to wear a mask, but if you care about the health of your children, you would discourage them from doing so. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

I am in agreement - children under 5 should be exempt from wearing masks for long periods of time, especially if they are on an airplane in a row with their parents which is likely the case almost always. The likelihood of spreading any disease from either child to adult or adult to child in this scenario is incredibly incredibly minor. 

You're more likely to get a headache from a child screaming or just being loud than catching a disease from them!

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@jksobonya Let me express that I'm all for giving some allowances to those of a younger age, not to go without a mask, maybe an allowance of letting them take them off for a bit of time and put them back on..........But possibly have them at least have a shield on.  With that said, I've looked for data and research to your argument and even talked to my group of friends I recreate with that are predominately in the medical field.  I will quote the one that works with infectious diseases, "A virus doesn't know the age of the carrier, it's only goal is survival.  Therefore a virus is an equal opportunity infection, it's won't discriminate from going from a child to an adult, child to child, or adult to child."

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

You said: "Let me express that I'm all for giving some allowances to those of a younger age, not to go without a mask, maybe an allowance of letting them take them off for a bit of time and put them back on..........But possibly have them at least have a shield on.  With that said, I've looked for data and research to your argument and even talked to my group of friends I recreate with that are predominately in the medical field.  I will quote the one that works with infectious diseases, "A virus doesn't know the age of the carrier, it's only goal is survival.  Therefore a virus is an equal opportunity infection, it's won't discriminate from going from a child to an adult, child to child, or adult to child."

Well, buddy, your friends are either misinformed or they're being dishonest. Let me break it down for you: viruses are simply excretions of a toxic cell. They are NEVER the cause of anything. They cannot be properly distinguished from exosomes. This was even stated in journal Viruses 2020 May; 12(5). 571. The paper was written by Gianessi, F et al and is titled: “The Role of Extracellular Vesicles as Allies of HIV, HCV and SARS Viruses.”

There is no SARS-CoV-2 virus as it has never been isolated nor purified using the proper methodology. The CDC themselves have admitted this. What is being called SARS-CoV-2 is simply a computer generated RNA sequence. 

And no, I'm not making anything up. Check out the following document: https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download 

Scroll down to Page 39. It says and I quote: " Since no
quantified virus isolates of the 2019-nCoV are currently available, assays designed for detection of the 2019-nCoV RNA were tested with characterized stocks of in vitro transcribed full length RNA (N gene;GenBank accession: MN908947.2) of known titer (RNA copies/µL) spiked into a diluent consisting of a suspension of human A549 cells and viral transport medium (VTM) to mimic clinical specimen." Do keep in mind that this document is from July. 

Here's another one: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0516_article

Scroll down to where it says "Whole Genome Sequencing." It says and I quote: "We designed 37 pairs of nested PCRs spanning the genome on the basis of the coronavirus reference sequence (GenBank accession no. NC045512). We extracted nucleic acid from isolates and amplified by using the 37 individual nested PCRs."

So again...the SARS-CoV-2 virus is simply a computer-generated RNA sequence. There is no proof that it exists since all the current testing methods are surrogate tests. In situations where you're trying to establish causation, you need a GOLD STANDARD test...which has never been done for COVID-19. 

Even IF we assume that there is a "highly pathogenic" virus going around, it still wouldn't necessitate the use of masks for the simple fact being that the pores in cloth and surgical masks are larger than the size of viral particles. Basic physics.