Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Power - GET with the program

Mbrown9437
Explorer C

I have flown SWA and prefer it because I travel Business Select sonI don’t worry about luggage issues.  I need power and have started to fly AA more for that reason.  

I love the service and flexibility and am hoping you find a way to retrofit the planes for power soon.  I would pay more if that option was available.  

Re: Power

lrisler
Explorer C

Was very concerned on  recent flight back from Florida. As an ashmatic, I am always concerned when there are animals ,which I am allergic to, on the plane. seeing a number in line as we boarded, I asked the flight attendent if therew was a place I could use a nebulizer if it became neccessary and was told there was no access to AC on Southwest planes. Is this true? This is concerning and makes me question my upcoming trip on Southwest.

Thanks,

Laurie

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi Laurie, Customers who need to use a nebulizer can do so if they have a battery-operated model with sufficient battery life since we do not have electric outlets onboard. We are also more than happy to help you find a seat as far away from the animal as possible so as to minimize exposure. It would be our pleasure to welcome you onboard a Southwest flight soon.   

Nicole
Community Manager

Saddletramp5
Explorer C

Hi! 

Yes, I am wondering about power on my 737MAX8 flight#3465  on 4/28/21.

Thanks!

Don

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Saddletramp5  Southwest does not offer power ports on any of their planes.

--TheMiddleSeat

kelseyannearb
Explorer C

Does southwest still send packages to rapid reward members inquiring about power on planes?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@kelseyannearb 

Packages?

--TheMiddleSeat

boomer6954
Explorer A

I have flown AA recently too due to some routes that I had to take that were direct and cheaper than WN.  The new AA seats are really nice and I do like the power but I did read that AA is eliminating the monitors as most people have devices (WN was ahead of the curve on this!) and is reducing seat pitch in many rows.

Would be nice to get power at some point on WN but not a showstopper.

Sam2427
Explorer A

In-seat power is nice and all, but what I have found is that the hardware needed to support this function is not exactly tiny. Guess where it's placed? Under the seats, and this means less room for your feet and your personal carry on item. Some AA/United flights, I've been forced to palce my laptop bag in the over head bin becasue it wouldn't fit under the seat thanks to the power supply hardware.

msturtz
Explorer B

I'll chime in here as well...  I LUV southwest, but this is definately a downside.  I do travel with a USB brick, but that only helps a phone/tablet, not a laptop.  Even so, a USB charging port would be useful, if you can't get the full A/C plug.  Some airlines put them in between the seats (2 per row, not 3), and only every other or every third row.  If you want or need it, you can find a seat that has it.