Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Problems watching a movie during flight

Mileneb
Explorer C

Today I flew from MKE to PHX. Very frustrating experience in that I could not watch a movie. I could watch Live TV, but tried a million times playing a movie and it kept cycling back to the inflight menu. I even tried closing the app and turning off airplane mode, etc. but no luck. 

i have an iPhone 13.  Help please!! Do not want to experience this on my return trip. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Problems watching a movie during flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That is unfortunate.  Sadly, there are so many variables I'm not sure anyone here will be able tell you exactly what you need to do.  It could have also been an issue with the onboard equipment and not related to your phone.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Try rebooting the phone?

rich1954
Adventurer A

I have had the same problem with my android tablet. I use chrome browser. I don't have a solution for you but I am updating chrome and if that doesn't work I will try Firefox next time.

Jaeger1
Explorer C

Since content can't be watched online while flying, flyers can watch the downloaded videos in airplane mode or offline mode. IndiGo has said that as a flyer will be in offline and airplane mode, he can't download onboard. However, the pre-downloaded content can be streamed onboard.