Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rude gate supervisor

Shane11
Explorer C

We were heading back to Baltimore from San Diego on the 12th of June at 15:00. I have a four-year-old son who got scared and refused to board the flight. He was screaming loud, crying, and pulling the stroller away from the gate. A few minutes later, there was an older lady from SW came and talked to us. However, she approached us was not professional at all. We were disappointed how the way she communicated. However, she offered to us to fly the next day, so I thanked you for that. Even the flight was a delay due to network issues. We were happy to see him sitting calmly on his seat throughout the flight.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rude gate supervisor

jksobonya
Aviator A

Feel free to contact Southwest using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to share your experience. It sounds like your son eventually calmed down, so hopefully no harm done. 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Why the duplicate post???

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

@Shane11 wrote:

. I have a four-year-old son who got scared and refused to board the flight. He was screaming loud, crying, and pulling the stroller away from the gate. 

Hmm... I'm thinking it's possible the other customers might have had different ideas on whom to blame for this incident.   

Or at least be understanding enough on her reaction.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

In life focus on animals, nature, and hobbies who won't hurt you. I coin collect.