Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SO many points, but never a drink coupon...

EllllEffff
Explorer C

Hello,

I'll keep it super simple.  What does a girl have to do to get a (free) drink around here? I've been flying Southwest for a very long time, (apparently, I've circled the globe several times, per Tripit)... Just wondering - I don't fly business class, and I have a RR Chase Visa (have had it for 7+ years) - but have never received a drink coupon on my anniversary, birthday or other day.

I hear that Chase stopped the drink tix, and that's OK. Is there a club we have to join?  😉  Sign me up!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SO many points, but never a drink coupon...

SWDigits
Aviator A

Log in to check the settings of your Rapid Rewards account, see the click path in the attached photo.Path to drink coupons (desktop)Path to drink coupons (desktop)

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

You are supposed get drink coupons after every 10 paid flights. You only get coupons for paid flights - nothing else If you have opted in for coupons and you are not receiving them, it's time to contact customer relations

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest sends the drink coupons after each set of 10 paid one-way flights. If you have the credit card and are using points to purchase a lot of your travel, that may be why you're not receiving drink coupons. Points flights to not count.

Chase used to be very generous with the drink coupons, but now they are not. Reportedly they send out coupons on "milestone" account anniversaries: 5 years, 10, 15, etc.

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

I love this step-by-step!

@EllllEffff - let us know if this option was something you needed to update; it will be helpful in the future if others have the same question!

@SWDigits wrote:

Log in to check the settings of your Rapid Rewards account, see the click path in the attached photo.Path to drink coupons (desktop)Path to drink coupons (desktop)