Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SW Wifi network not dropping when I deplane

dfwskier
Aviator A

I guess hat I'd suggest two things

1) Turn off wifi on your device and then turn it back on. It should only give you wifi options from signals that are within range   .or.

2) Using your devices settings option, manually select the wifi service that you want to use

scamp92
Explorer C

Hi, having same problem on a Windows Laptop. the SW wifi is not showing up anywhere on my laptop for me to forget or delete it. But I keep getting an error that I am not connected to wifi and when I run the windows troubleshooter it offers the solution of manually connecting to the Southwest Wifi. It is messing up my productivity bigtime. Is there a fix? I tried updating and restarting my laptop.

Thank you

S.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@scamp92 wrote:

Thru the settings function you should be able  to select the network you want to connect to.

The should alleviate the issue.

bitstone
Explorer C

I’m having the same problem but it’s a redirect issue. When I was on a SW flight today, I tried to get to cnn.com but it redirected me to the sw WiFi page. Now that I’m away from the airport it’s still trying to redirect me. It’s not a WiFi issue.  Any other page I try to get to is fine since I didn’t try that onboard.  I’ve cleared my cache and history but it still redirects incorrectly.

why does sw do that and how do I clear it?

Tip : For Bitstone

LetsFly
Explorer C

Hello, bitstone. 

I recommend downloading a different browser like DuckDuckGo or Chrome and don’t put it as your main browser, and it might not have effect.

Spoiler
I flew with American this year (2021), and this has not happened to me. I recommend using a different browser.

I hope this helped,

LetsFly

Re: Tip : For Bitstone

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

same

atschramek
Explorer C

This is exactly what is happening to me a month after my last flight.  The southwest network is long gone.  It’s redirecting the site I visited while on the plane, which was CNN.  Very frustrating that Southwest cannot figure out what it is doing to cause this to happen.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Go to your device's settings to pick the network you want.

Lskutches
Explorer C

This solution does not solve my issue.

I tried to access sites using “buttons” on my Home Screen of my iPhone (then realized this required $8 internet fee)

watched the free TV and looked at the movie listings

now when I try to use Safari  or “click” on my local news website I’m sent to southwests site . 

southwest is not in my WiFi choices but my links are corrupted

Tip.

LetsFly
Explorer C

Hello, user.

I recommend downloading a different browser and not putting it as your main browser, as it should not have affect to that browser.