Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW doesn't seem to care about passengers wearing face masks?

SolomonShawn
Explorer C

on a flt on 10/26 the intoxicated passenger sitting immediately behind me in 5A was clearly intoxicated, only put on his mask during his 2 trips to the bathroom, and the SW flight attendant only asked him once, at my request, for him to put on his mask (the guy let it dangle from his left ear while acting like he was drinking something the entire flt).  The flt attendant basically seemed unwilling to inform him that he had to wear his mask and instead looked the other way, even when the guy's first trip to the bathroom was less than 5 mins into the flight and a bumpy ascent.  He also sneezed at least 3 times without his mask on making me and the woman sitting in the aisle seat in my row feel very unsafe.  No one sat in the same row as this guy (who boarded early) because he took his mask off as soon as he sat down and immediately made a phone call in which he was dropping f bombs constantly.  He was an ass and the SW flt crew chose to ignore him.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW doesn't seem to care about passengers wearing face masks?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Are you related to dmielke ?  It seems that you two have written absolutely identical posts How could that be?..

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Inflight-Experience/SW-doesn-t-seem-to-care-about-passengers-wear...

You might want to refer to the discussion in that thread.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Are you related to dmielke ?  It seems that you two have written absolutely identical posts How could that be?..

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Inflight-Experience/SW-doesn-t-seem-to-care-about-passengers-wear...

You might want to refer to the discussion in that thread.

Same guy on his return trip? 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I thought this story was familiar.  De Ja Vu