Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA SUCKS

Rjordon
Explorer C

Yesterday I posted some not so happy post about SWA. I said some things that normally I would never say but to be honest I was pissed! However I believe they did handle a 2year old not wearing a mask wrong. Toddlers are unpredictable & flying is tough on adults more so on the children. After a flight then 2 hour layover for the 2nd flying trip most are tired & cranky. Kicking people off flights because toddlers won't wear a mask is not very customer friendly. Maybe you should brain storm a different approach in helping these little ones get to their destination. Per the CDC, they do not recommend babies & TODDLERS wearing a mask so maybe you should look into changing your policy. In my case, did the flight attendant ask if he was able to wear a mask?  See, if she would've asked this question she would know that the baby had a sinus infection & not able to breathe normally with a mask as the Memphis flight attendant did! I get that you are following rules & regulations but see situations are different & if you would slow your roll for a minute to care for the customer you could find out the WHY & try to help, instead of just throwing them off a flight. I've seen this in many videos with flight attendants & this is why airlines are being sued all over. In my grandson's case, his pediatrician has written a letter to include with my letter to SWA. Hope this will help future toddlers traveling not to be treated as a grown up! Compassion goes a long way......

15 REPLIES 15

Re: SWA SUCKS

LorrenT
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Hi @Rjordon , 

You may have noticed that I removed the profane language from your post.

I understand that you are frustrated, but the Community is a peer-to-peer support forum, so we are not equipped to assist you here. We recommend you reach out to Customer Relations regarding your issue at 1-855-234-4654 for assistance. We welcome all Community Members to engage with the content we find here, as long as it is respectful and on-topic. You can view the Community User Guidelines here.   

Thank you, 

@LorrenT 

h0rseman411
Explorer C

Haha! That's the "solution"?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest's policy of masks being required for anyone 2 years of age or older is no secret.

https://www.southwest.com/airline-cleanliness-social-distance/?clk=5297042&cbid=5297042#mask-faq

If someone chooses to not follow the rules they are not allowed to fly.  I'm glad to see Southwest is working to keep all flyers safe.  If you don't like the policy you are welcome to fly another airline.  Oh wait!  Delta, United, American, Spirit, and Frontier all have the exact same policy... masks required for children 2 and up.

--TheMiddleSeat

Rjordon
Explorer C

That’s great! Good to hear that you have seen several toddlers that “look” 2ish complying to the mask airline rule. Did you ask the parents, if the 2ish toddlers had a flight before that flight or maybe even a long layover, did you ask if they had sinus infections or asthma? I’m sure you didn’t but your sarcastic response probably puffed you up & made you smile for the day.

Rjordon
Explorer C

🙂

dfwskier
Aviator A

The rule is "masks for everyone 2 or more years old." It's published. It's the same for every other airline. It's not a secret.

To me it seems fairly simple; If you don't think your 2 year old will wear a mask, then don't fly your 2 year old

Dickman
Explorer C

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Southwest's policy of masks being required for anyone 2 years of age or older is no secret.

https://www.southwest.com/airline-cleanliness-social-distance/?clk=5297042&cbid=5297042#mask-faq

If someone chooses to not follow the rules they are not allowed to fly.  I'm glad to see Southwest is working to keep all flyers safe.  If you don't like the policy you are welcome to fly another airline.  Oh wait!  Delta, United, American, Spirit, and Frontier all have the exact same policy... masks required for children 2 and up.

--TheMiddleSeat

your democratic fear mongering mask response. Masks don’t do and it’s only a way in exercising control. You’re just a victim to a worse virus.... fear.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dickman wrote:

**bleep** your democratic fear mongering mask response. Masks don’t do **bleep** and it’s only a way in exercising control. You’re just a victim to a worse virus.... fear.

Wow, excellent contribution to the conversation. No wonder we can't get things under control with attitudes like this. Have a lovely day.

--TheMiddleSeat

TravelGuru
Explorer A

The mask policy is stupid and doesn’t keep anyone ‘safe’. It makes some people ‘feel’ better, but the virus is smaller than the holes in the mask so stop pretending it does anything other than allow mini dictators to flourish. Do you think that lowering your mask to drink suddenly stops the virus? It’s complete stupidity. Children wearing masks is lowering their IQ and making them afraid of other people and causing developmental delays. Shame on anyone pushing these masks especially on children.