Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SWA SUCKS

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you don't like the mask mandate, contact your congress people and senators to let them know your opinion.

Your rant here accomplishes absolutely nothing.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Rjordon  The keyword (or number in this case) is

Let me tell you what this airline did in Atlanta! My daughter in law is 19 with a 2-year-old, my grandson. 

I won't repost the policy, but yes, it's that same on SWA and multiple airlines.  I'm not a child psychologist, but I think you can have some control over your own children, even in the case of a mask.  (Or at least long enough to get to a seat and sneak it off for a bit)

I've flown 12 flights now since the pandemic start of March.  On every flight is a child, some that appear to be around the age of 2ish.  Those kids seemed to be able to comply.  I'm not saying every kid will be receptive to a mask, heck, I'm not even receptive to it.  

As was mentioned, this is a peer to peer group and I don't have the answer.  What I do agree with you is that "maybe" a little more leniency towards children could be extended. 

Rjordon
Explorer C

Control over your children? 🙂 

Murphylo
Explorer C

I was a huge fan of Southwest but my last two experiences have been less than and customer service is atrocious.  After my last experience where my flight Cancelled 20 min before check in  -  The only flight I could find was a flight where I had to change planes when I paid for a direct flight and since it was flying earlier it was two hours past check-in and I ended up in the worst boarding, so basically I’m paying the same price to fly earlier, change planes and bored late.  Thank you Southwest I will be choosing a different airline in the future

SWA SUCKS

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Murphylo This message is cut and pasted in another thread, we heard you the first time.  Also, this thread is about 2 year olds and masks, your post is not related to the topic.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Murphylo wrote:

I was a huge fan of Southwest but my last two experiences have been less than and customer service is atrocious.  After my last experience where my flight Cancelled 20 min before check in  -  The only flight I could find was a flight where I had to change planes when I paid for a direct flight and since it was flying earlier it was two hours past check-in and I ended up in the worst boarding, so basically I’m paying the same price to fly earlier, change planes and bored late.  Thank you Southwest I will be choosing a different airline in the future

Sorry to hear of your trouble, but this sort of thing happens on every airline.

For example Delta cancelled over 300 Christmas flights, after doing the same thing for Thanksgiving flights..

If you fly, you are eventually going to run into delays or cancellations --on every airline

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-cancels-flights-on-christmas-due-to-pilots-and-weather-2020-12

I understand you did not like the flight or boarding position the airline gave you. Would you have preferred the airline tell you that it did not have any seat for you., because that was the alternative. The airline did the best it could with the seats that were available.

It happens to everyone. My flight yesterday was cancelled and I was moved to a flight today because there were no other seats available yesterday. It happens.