Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA WiFi

mykalm99
Explorer C

I've been on 4 flights in the past 7 days and the Wifi is still not functioning.  I was told by multiple employees that you've known about the issue but are in no hurry to fix it unless you get enough complaints.  Why?  Why wait?  I fly SWA exclusively but if this is how you're going to start approaching issues maybe I need to look around.  C'mon man!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SWA WiFi

SWDigits
Aviator A

My sense is that Southwest is trying to work this as fast as they can -- see this post from the Southwest team:
https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/In-the-Air/WiFi-Tips/m-p/93132/highlight/true#M1597

I know it doesn't help you but on my three flights within the past month the wifi worked for me.  We did have a temporary issue with the movie streaming portion of the service on one flight but that was resolved after a system reset.  My next flight is early Friday morning so I'll have another personal data point available soon.

Customer | Home airport DCA

SWDigits
Aviator A
Posting as a follow up while we climb to cruise altitude, all is working great for me.

Customer | Home airport DCA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am happy to report that I am 5/5 for working wifi over the past few weeks!  One of my fave ALP perks, and I am glad to see it working.

-A List, Companion Pass holder