Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA should spread the luv

mwilcox1
Explorer C

SWA should spread the luv and stop using mega social media tools for support eg:  Facebook Messenger.  There is no reason for us to trust Facebook, twitter or google w/ our data.  IMHO Southwest is compromising their integrity of 'luv for all' by using 'big tech.' My understanding is that SWA in the past was very supportive of the open source community which shares the 'luv' and helps all of us. Sounds like something Herb would do ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SWA should spread the luv

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can use the chat function in the Southwest app (sometimes).  What else are you proposing?

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If the "compromising of your data" is a concern, there are multiple alternate contact options available: You can contact Southwest via phone, or website form, or written letter.

Problem solved.

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

jksobonya
Aviator A

@mwilcox1 wrote:

There is no reason for us to trust Facebook, twitter or google w/ our data.  

Hahahaha. Too late. Pretty much every human on earth with their own computer / smart phone / etc. uses some form of social media, and who doesn't use Google or Gmail? 

I've tried many times to "quit" Facebook, but I've given up because it's so engrained into our lives, it's impossible to stop using. So I did the next best thing and set an app limit so I'm only on it for 30 minutes a day. I also block my FB news feed on Chrome by using an extension. It helps so I'm not wasting so much time on it mindlessly scrolling. That's the best I can do. 

--Jessica