Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Single mom looking for Missing Nintendo switch

JJT2001
Explorer C

My son and I traveled on Monday 11/21 from tampa to Dallas. A black Nintendo switch case with his switch and MANY game chips fell out without him noticing. A defining game in the switch is super Mario brothers all stars and Minecraft. All the storage cartridges were filled with his games. Hours after we landed I called the airport, the plane went from Dallas to Amarillo to DC to Ft. Lauderdale. I did speak to a really fantastic agent on Ft. Lauderdale that checked where we sat and was not able to find it. Hoping it will turn up somewhere…my son is devastated as it might not be able to be replaced for a while. Thanks for the help!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Single mom looking for Missing Nintendo switch

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Did you submit a lost item report? That's your best bet, although with the games being rather general and not specific with a serial number or contact information on them I suspect the odds of them being returned are low. More information can be found here: https://www.southwest.com/help/day-of-travel/lost-and-found

--TheMiddleSeat

JJT2001
Explorer C

We did submit a report the same night and uploaded pictures of the game console with game chips that are inside. We provided the serial number, who is logged in and gave as much detail as possible. Hoping it got turned in and not taken 

psollwas
Explorer B

While it's disheartening that the case hasn't been found yet, there's still a chance it might turn up somewhere. Sometimes items get misplaced or left behind during travel, but with the cooperation of the airport staff and passengers, there's hope for a positive outcome. I understand how important those games are to your son, especially Super Mario Brothers All-Stars and Minecraft, which hold a special place in many gamers' hearts.

In the meantime, I would suggest keeping an eye on the lost and found departments of all the airports involved in the journey, including Dallas, Amarillo, DC, and Ft. Lauderdale. You can also check online platforms or social media groups related to lost items at airports. Additionally, it might be worth reaching out to Nintendo customer support to see if they can offer any assistance or advice.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@psollwas wrote:

While it's disheartening that the case hasn't been found yet, there's still a chance it might turn up somewhere.  

The likelihood  of finding   something that was lost (and reported as lost) 7 months ago is just about  zero.