Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Sitting near a over the wing exit my favorite place to sit on. A Southwest plane

Ron737
Explorer C

based on my past experience flying on southwest airlines. I always felt safe sitting near or by a over the wing exit preferably by the engine. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sitting near a over the wing exit my favorite place to sit on. A Southwest plane

dfwskier
Aviator A

That and being seated near the center of the plane always yield a smoother ride.

Re: Sitting near a over the wing exit my favorite place to sit on. A Southwest plane

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I've thought it over many times about writing this, but, here goes.  It has also been determined that the further to the back of the plane to better the chance to survive a crash.  But like you, I like that seat too.  Unfortunately for me, my wife doesn't, so I'm usually in the first 10 rows.  When I fly alone, I snag that seat for the leg room.   May now be getting it for the fact one row only has 2 seats. 

Re: Sitting near a over the wing Great choice! Siexit my favorite place to sit on. A Southwest plane

sarafoster
Explorer B

Great choice! Sitting near an over-the-wing exit on a Southwest plane can offer several advantages, such as more legroom, easier access to the aisle, and a better view of the wing during the flight. However, keep in mind that these seats come with additional responsibilities, such as being able to assist in an emergency situation if needed.