Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Snacks/Drinks Suspended. Can I bring my own??

nique7321
Explorer C

Due to covid-19, drinks and snack have been suspended. Completely understandable! But I was wondering if I could bring my own snacks/drinks? Would there be a limit? What about a pre-mixed cocktail?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Snacks/Drinks Suspended. Can I bring my own??

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You can absolutely bring your own snacks...whatever fits in your appropriately-sized bags and does not violate the liquid guidelines for going through TSA.

As far as alcohol, you can't drink your own alcohol that you bring on the plane.  See here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

kcalhoun281
Explorer C

I assume this means the same for any alcoholic beverage purchased within the terminal. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kcalhoun281 wrote:

I assume this means the same for any alcoholic beverage purchased within the terminal. 

No that is not the case. Review the posts upthread.

One MAY NOT consume alcohol that is brought on the plane.

kcalhoun281
Explorer C

Thanks. That what I meant. I’ve seen people, well I’m the pst, by an alcoholic drink in the terminal and bring it onto planes and consume. Attendants seeing them walk-in with it and consume at their seat. This is they I asked, just thought I finish my sentence. Thanks 😊 

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

@nique7321 wrote:

Due to covid-19, drinks and snack have been suspended. Completely understandable! But I was wondering if I could bring my own snacks/drinks? Would there be a limit? What about a pre-mixed cocktail?

Only if you share with the rest of us.