Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Social Distancing During Boarding and on Flights-now that flights are cancelled

user2869
Explorer C

I was on a flight Friday, May 22 and it was FULL.  Every seat was packed with someone.  They practice social distancing in the airport, but as soon as you board a SW flight, there is NO social distancing lol

Re: Social Distancing During Boarding and on Flights-now that flights are cancelled

dfwskier
Aviator A

@user2869 wrote:

I was on a flight Friday, May 22 and it was FULL.  Every seat was packed with someone.  They practice social distancing in the airport, but as soon as you board a SW flight, there is NO social distancing lol

Really?

SW is only selling enough tickets so all window and aisle seats could potentially be filled - no middle seats.

So how could your flight be"packed?"

I saw no middle seats occupied  on my three recent flights: 12th, 19th and the 22nd.

gsking
Aviator C

As you probably know already, middle seats are open through July.   And social distancing will be followed during boarding. 

But apparently Covid has a parachute and jumps out just before landing.    Because social distancing isn't the slightest concern during deboarding.

Amazing how mindless people get as soon as that seatbelt sign goes out.   Sigh... even a global pandemic can't remind them to relax and be the slightest bit courteous.   

I hope the FAs will start reminding people.... hopefully with just enough SW snark to make them think twice before making a mosh pit in the aisle. 

clmacke
Explorer C

On May 30, 2020 I flew from LAX-OMA thru LAS & each flight only had 26 passengers plus the crew. We ALL got our own rows & were spread out!

June 6, 2020  Today I'm returning to LAX & the flights had a few more passengers.. FA said 32 plus flight crew!