Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Social Distancing on plane

ainslied2
Explorer C

Want to give a shout out to SW Air for keeping their plane’s  middle seats open (except for family members traveling together who can choose to use the middle seats). I recently flew with Southwest and very much appreciated that SW has chosen to keep the middle seats open. Every little bit of social distancing helps limit the spread of COVID19.  While other airlines are beginning to sell their middle seats SW has decided to keep theirs open at least thru 9/3/20202.  I know they are losing money by not having all seats full but not selling seats to capacity shows once again that SW appreciates, and takes care of, their passengers.  I have 2 more trips scheduled for 2020 and both are with SW. Their attitude, and the way they treat passengers makes them my airline of choice. Also want to mention how incredibly clean the planes were.  Thank you Southwest Air!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Social Distancing on plane

bec102896
Aviator A

I agree that the open middle seat is nice sure it may not be the perfect solution because staying 6ft apart on a plane is next to impossible but every little bit of space helps. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! If you would like to share your compliment with southwest directly you can do so through one of these methods: Submitting a Customer Service Compliment 

-Blake

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I agree that the open middle seat is nice sure it may not be the perfect solution because staying 6ft apart on a plane is next to impossible but every little bit of space helps. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! If you would like to share your compliment with southwest directly you can do so through one of these methods: Submitting a Customer Service Compliment 

-Blake

Depending on the quality of mask worn the distance can be cut down to inches - still possible with a direct neighbor, but empty middle should be good shape. 

Double-layer cloth or filtered is the way to go if we all want the economy to keep opening.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Very well said.