Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Led me to Meet my future Husband

broycraft
Explorer C

Dear Southwest Airlines,

On June 30th, 2018, I met the love my life thanks to Southwest Airlines. I wanted to reach out to you, the LUV airlines, to share our story.

My name is Brittney and my now Fiancés name is Jacob. In February of 2018, our Moms, both flight Attendants for Southwest Airlines were on a trip together for the first time. Their instant bond on the jump seat led them to more serious family conversations. This eventually led them to the brilliant idea of hooking their own kids up with each other, setting them up for a potential relationship. Whether this initial thought was so they could hang out more outside of work, small talk, or for the thrill of what their future may hold, they started the texts messages to both Jacob and I.

While at first, it was a funny and crazy idea that two flight attendants who became instant friends could soon become future mother in laws to the others child, it soon turned into a true possibility.

Months later, as Jacob and I were living in different states, and only had a relationship through text messages, we finally had our first date. Our first date was unlike any other. I living in Denver and Jacob at the time living in phoenix, I picked him up from a Southwest flight and took him as my plus one to a wedding miles away from Denver. Neither of knowing much about each other except for the fact that our mothers were now giddy and considering themselves the new Southwest match makers. As our date progressed both of us knew that this could go somewhere. Months later Jacob was moving out to Denver and the rest became history. Our moms knew it was our destiny.

Almost three years later we are now engaged. Surrounded by Jacobs Southwest family, as his aunt is also a flight attendant, and my mom, we know that Southwest Airlines will always be in our hearts. 

We cannot thank the airlines enough for bringing our moms together for us to find true love. While neither of us work for the airlines, we will always support Southwest. As if it were not for this airline, we may have never met our soulmates.

As we plan for our Wedding in October 2021, we most look forward to using Southwest to get us to our honeymoon destination- which is still to be determined. We look forward to using the LUV Airlines for the rest of our lives to fulfill our adventures to come.

Thank you,

Brittney and Jacob
Flight Attendants: Cheryl S. and Anita R.- Denver based

broycraft_0-1611508038703.jpeg

(Photo taken right before engagement. Jacob, Brittney, Cheryl, Anita)

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest Led me to Meet my future Husband

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Great story.  Since this is a customer to customer forum I suggest you send your story directly to Southwest.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Great story.

Thanks for sharing.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

nice story.  I wish you both nothing but a bright and wonderful life together

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@broycraft 

I'm not not crying Brittney! It's been a while since I've shared a jumpseat, but I've definitely seen my share of family pics from friendly Flight Attendants over the years, and I can totally see this going down. We're so happy for you and Jacob (and your meddling mothers) and wish you LUV birds the absolute best ❤️

Nicole
Community Manager

broycraft
Explorer C

Thank you! ❤️💙

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Wow!!! What are the chances?  Thank you for sharing your awesome story!  Best wishes to you two. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is so adorable!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

—Jessica