Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Rapid Rewards Drink Coupons

hooter55
Explorer C

I have 4 Drink Coupons expiring 31 Mar 19 and would like for my son-in-law to be able to use them on his trip back to Denver from Charleston.  Is this permitted or am I the only one allowed to use them?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Rapid Rewards Drink Coupons

dfwskier
Aviator A

@hooter55 wrote:

I have 4 Drink Coupons expiring 31 Mar 19 and would like for my son-in-law to be able to use them on his trip back to Denver from Charleston.  Is this permitted or am I the only one allowed to use them?

Drink coupons are useable by whomever possesses them. So yes, you may give them to anyone you choose.

AdamH
Retired Community Manager

As long as he's 21! Haha.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Speaking of age 21, my daughter has had her RR # since below age 1 ( because of out of town grandparents).  She just received her first set of drink coupons—the first quarter that she was the eligible age.  As a regular recipient of the quarterly envelope myself, I found it a bit sentimental when hers arrived.  Reminded me of all the flights to all the places we traveled on my miles and companion pass with Southwest Airlines.  Many miles and 21 years together so far.  Thanks, Southwest!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@CareforNOLA wrote:

Speaking of age 21, my daughter has had her RR # since below age 1 ( because of out of town grandparents).  She just received her first set of drink coupons—the first quarter that she was the eligible age.  As a regular recipient of the quarterly envelope myself, I found it a bit sentimental when hers arrived.  Reminded me of all the flights to all the places we traveled on my miles and companion pass with Southwest Airlines.  Many miles and 21 years together so far.  Thanks, Southwest!

Ten flights every quarter?! Yikes! You're definitely a road warrior! 😉

(Also, just for clarity: Drink coupons aren't sent quarterly, they're sent after each set of 10 paid one-way flights.)

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@CareforNOLA wrote:

One and a half for ours...we were enjoying the lap child arrangements but she was getting so big I got a RR account for her early just in case. I think she's mostly been on points so far though, maybe one paid flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.