Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest has no idea the damage they have caused me

olcrazy1
Explorer C

I’m sure no none at SW cares but I had a 6AM flight from PNS through BNA to CLE today and was supposed be be in CLE by 11 AM.  Crew was late to the plane, then pilot decides to have tires inspected so flight was delayed (nothing wrong with tires) .  Due to delay gate agent tells me I will never make my connection and pulls me aside to find a different way. Meanwhile plane boards and I’m still with agent then she says we’ll get on maybe you will make your connection. Now I’m the last one and no seats up front are left.  We get to BNA as my cle flight is boarding and I’m stuck since I can’t get off the plane.  Finally slow people move and I get off run to the gate at they are closing the door as I ran up and they don’t let me on.   Now I’m stuck in BNA for 12 hours and will miss my daughters last softball finals to make matters worse the whole reason was going to cle was for this and I haven’t seen them in 5 weeks.  SW knew full well I was on the landed plane and the plane was on the ground at the gate next door. They still didn’t care and closed the door on me.  I have been on planes when they hold them for passengers to make the flight.  I literally missed it by 30 seconds because of you guys.  I’m sure if I was a flight crew or a vip passenger you would have waited.  The $200 voucher I was given does nothing to make up for the damage and hassle this has caused me.   The plane was there all night, why does the pilot wait 5 minutes before take off to look at the tires? Nothing was wrong with them… gate agent also scr3w3d me on the departure and gate agent scr3w3d me at the connection. The whole process and experience is terrible.  Literally my last flight on SW they held the plane 10 minutes for someone, why was I treated differently?  

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Southwest has no idea the damage they have caused me

olcrazy1
Explorer C

Least can do is give me bought credit for a round trip flight.  The $200 voucher is a slap in the face after wasting an entire day and missing flights unnecessarily due to your employees.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@olcrazy1 wrote:

I’m sure no none at SW cares but I had a 6AM flight from PNS through BNA to CLE today and was supposed be be in CLE by 11 AM.  Crew was late to the plane, then pilot decides to have tires inspected so flight was delayed (nothing wrong with tires) .  Due to delay gate agent tells me I will never make my connection and pulls me aside to find a different way. Meanwhile plane boards and I’m still with agent then she says we’ll get on maybe you will make your connection. Now I’m the last one and no seats up front are left.  We get to BNA as my cle flight is boarding and I’m stuck since I can’t get off the plane.  Finally slow people move and I get off run to the gate at they are closing the door as I ran up and they don’t let me on.   Now I’m stuck in BNA for 12 hours and will miss my daughters last softball finals to make matters worse the whole reason was going to cle was for this and I haven’t seen them in 5 weeks.  SW knew full well I was on the landed plane and the plane was on the ground at the gate next door. They still didn’t care and closed the door on me.  I have been on planes when they hold them for passengers to make the flight.  I literally missed it by 30 seconds because of you guys.  I’m sure if I was a flight crew or a vip passenger you would have waited.  The $200 voucher I was given does nothing to make up for the damage and hassle this has caused me.   The plane was there all night, why does the pilot wait 5 minutes before take off to look at the tires? Nothing was wrong with them

Sorry to hear of your fiasco.

The flight crew is REQUIRED by federal law to do what is called a pre flight inspection of the plane. It can't be done the night before and it can't be done by anyone other than the crew that will fly the plane. The crew was insuring that nothing was wrong with the tires. If there had been, then something would have been done. A blowout on takeoff or landing can lead to potential deadly results. Safety first.

… gate agent also scr3w3d me on the departure and gate agent scr3w3d me at the connection. The whole process and experience is terrible.  Literally my last flight on SW they held the plane 10 minutes for someone, why was I treated differently?  

That is unfortunate. I can't explain why they didn't hold your plane. I've had it happen both ways. At times the airlines will hold planes for late arriving passengers, and other times they don't.

I recall a time when about 8 of us were on a long delayed flight out of Chicago headed to a connection in Dallas. Before leaving Chicago we were assured by  the gate agent that our connecting flight would be held for us. As we pulled into our Dallas gate, a plane  the next gate over was just then being pushed from  the gate. It turned out it was our connecting flight, and the airline did not hold the plane for 8 of us.   It happens.

BTW, it was not Southwest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Pilot cares about the safety of the plane and passengers = Southwest messed up???

Gate agent cares about you making connection and really tries to do things right = Southwest messed up???

I get that your not happy, but perhaps your take on how this was handled is a bit off.

--TheMiddleSeat

olcrazy1
Explorer C

No, make take isn’t off at.  For a flight that birds at 6:00 am the pilot and crew shouldn't be walking on the plane at 5:55 then doing a safety check.  Hate agent shouldn’t have cancelled my connection then decide maybe I could make it and put me back on the plane after 90% of it has already boarded leaving me nothing but rear seats. Had she left it alone I would have been fine entering and getting off early.  Had landing agent looked at my itinerary they would have seen I was landed at the gate next door before they close the gate as I was walking up.  If any of these 3 things didn’t happen I would have made the flight, not wasted 12 hours in BNA and made by kids games which was the whole purpose for the flight to begin with. My take isn’t wrong.  If I was a crew member or a vip they would have held the flight 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@olcrazy1 I don't think you're really in the position to tell a pilot how to do their job.  I'm going to go with the pilot on this one.  Had the gate agent not cared and you missed the connection you would have been upset the agent didn't try to help you.  You make the wild assumption that if you were someone special they would have held the plane.  No, Southwest is just doing its best to ensure the next plane full of people arrive at their destination on time and make their connections.  Had it been the last plane of the day then perhaps they would hold it, that's when I see holds happen, not because someone special is boarding.  Again, your take is off.

--TheMiddleSeat

olcrazy1
Explorer C

Nah, you are wrong cause you don’t know all the details.  If you work for southwest then call me, if not move along. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@olcrazy1 oh, you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night and know how to ensure a plane is safe? Ok, cool

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@olcrazy1 wrote:

Nah, you are wrong cause you don’t know all the details.  If you work for southwest then call me, if not move along. 

It's a customer to customer forum, you are welcome to use the Contact Southwest Customer Service options. 

No one on this forum can help you in that way or call you, other than to say don't book a connecting flight for a same day appointment.

PNS and CLE are going to be a couple of difficult places to get to and from that quickly. (PNS and anywhere, other than HOU and BNA if flying Southwest.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Southwest has no idea the damage they have caused me

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

does BWI have a connection for more routes?