Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest preisident says there will be room to spread out but yet our flight was full!

fkersanty
Explorer C

Our original flight from Fort Myers to Columbus OH was cancelled one week prior to departure.  We selected another flight.  When we boarded, the first three rows and the last three rows were blocked off.  When we questioned why, we were told because of social distancing.  Then we were told that it was a fairly full flight so all middle seats were filled yet these first three and last three rows - on both sides - were empty.  After take-off, we realized that these rows were for the stewardesses!  There were 4 of them and each one had 3 rows to  themselves.  I'm all for protecting the employees, but what about the paying customers???  This was totally ridiculous that 36 seats were occupied by 4 SW employees while the rest of us were stuffed together.  The letter that was sent out by the SW president assured customers that their would be room to spread out during this crisis to make flying as safe as possible - obviously that was a bait and switch tactic.  Shame on Southwest.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest preisident says there will be room to spread out but yet our flight was full!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear of your experience if you would like to share your feedback/concerns with southwest directly i would reach out though one of these options: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint  

-Blake

Re: Southwest preisident says there will be room to spread out but yet our flight was full!

Passenger1C
Aviator C

At what point did you talk to the cabin crew about your concern?  With open seating, I’m sure you had other options on the flight. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion