Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SouthwestWiFi-Highspeed

bec102896
Aviator A

Just curious has anyone else seen Southwest WiFI-Highspeed on any flights recently? My flight from AUS-LAS this afternoon has it and at first I thought it was a hotspot from someones phone but I was actually able to connect and the WiFi is actually working. 

C17C1E23-172C-4238-85F8-E1539395029E.jpeg

-Blake

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SouthwestWiFi-Highspeed

gsking
Aviator C

I'll be looking.   Lately I've gotten zero speed. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Haven't seen that! Could you connect to it and use it? I fly again in about a month so I'll keep an eye out for this!

--Jessica

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Interesting! Is it open to all, or you have to go through the SWA portal for WiFi?

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

stevenrollinson
Employee
Employee
Solution

Unfortunately, I’m here to report that “SouthwestWiFi” is the only Southwest supported network onboard the aircraft. The mostly likely scenario here is that one of your fellow fliers created a hotspot on their device and named it “SouthwestWiFi-Highspeed”. When in doubt, you can always ask your Flight Crew if anything has changed since you were onboard last.

Rest assured, when we are able to deliver an improved onboard connectivity experience, we will be exclaiming our excitement in every way possible.

bec102896
Aviator A

So I was able to connect to it and it took me to the SW portal and SW community but other sites like Twitter it didn't work unless I paid for the Wi-Fi. Normally if I'm not connected to the southwest network I won't have access to the in flight portal. In this case I could also see the movies, live tv, flight tracker using this network but never seen the network before this flight. 

Maybe if I see it again I'll stay on the plane and let everyone else get off first when we arrive to see if the network vanishes once other customers are gone.