Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Still haven't received 25,000 points of goodwill - they just say they sent the email

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@klingaman wrote:

I have now called in over 6 times to explain the same thing, the rep escalates my ticket, and then I get a generic email a week later saying basically that they sent it and they're sorry if I didn't receive it.  This is completely unacceptable.  Any suggestions?

They say that they sent it, and it was redeemed or do they know that?

This sounds like a wayward email problem.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Still haven't received 25,000 points of goodwill - they just say they sent the email

klingaman
Explorer C

The do not say it has been redeemed - the reps that answer the phones cannot tell that.  They do say that each confirmation # for an impacted flight is given a unique code to get the 25,000 points so they must be able to track it - but there is a big disconnect in getting the right staff to work on this.  They escalate to some other department (which I'm told will not and cannot call me back), and that department then sends me the quasi-generic email that says they sent the email in the past, so I should search for it.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I agree that this is very unfortunate.  I believe that we all have a front row seat to the dismal outdated system that is the focus of the Holiday DISASTER.

I would recommend calling their corporate office and arrange a meeting with their CEO.  Let them know that you've tried it their way and it hasn't worked.  Ask for a meeting with their CEO and, of course, the additional costs of travel.

roseyrph
Explorer C
Solution

I was in the same situation. I called 3 times regarding this and also sent 3 emails. My emails were all escalated and then got a generic rejection. I saw on another post that someone was successful using social media (Twitter) after multiple rejections, so I sent a message on Facebook. They responded immediately and I was sent the codes on messenger within 8 hours. Hope this helps!

mom3girlz
Explorer C

Thank you fir sharing 

klingaman
Explorer C
Solution

Bravo!  I had used FB Messenger last week to send a message, but got no response.  I tried again today, and VOILA, I got a response from "Brenna", who helped me get my code & points.  Finally!

mom3girlz
Explorer C

I call, never received an email, return call nor the points. I am over it and have decided to not fly with Southwest until they decide to give me the points. 

klingaman
Explorer C

Try FB messenger - I finally got through to someone who was able to help get me my points.

strgth
Adventurer B

After 3 emails/cases opened and a plethora of phone calls to Customer Service for my senior citizen Aunt, no success in getting the 25K points...until I read this thread. Had her create a Twitter account (she already had FB) and we sent a couple of DMs via both. 1 1/2 days later she finally received a response via Twitter and this is what the rep said: "...It appears there was a glitch with your points code and I will have to manually add the points to your account....".

We initially redeemed her code for the points on Jan 26. I'm so glad this is over.

mom3girlz
Explorer C

I just heard from Walker, a Southwest associate, that our delayed flights did not qualify for the 25,000 points so we will not receive them. 
This is very disappointing on so many levels because I had to go to social media to even receive a response after 2 months. And, the response was that our flight delays on Christmas Day, did not qualify for the 25,000 points, when over half of the other passengers on our flight (s) did receive them. We missed important time with our families, we sat in the airport delayed when other airlines were not delayed. I will no longer be flying Southwest!