Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Switch to almonds?

texaslawhorn182
Explorer C

Hi there,

First time poster- Southwest's Wikipedia page says that the airline is switching from peanuts to almonds in August 2018. Is this true? Can someone from the company confirm this? As a peanut allergy sufferer this would make me very happy. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Switch to almonds?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The edit of the Wikipedia page appears to have been made on June 30, 2018 without any source information provided. Searching the Internet for any other reference to almonds on Southwest comes up with nothing. Unless the person who made the edit has insider knowledge of something that hasn't been officially announced yet, it's another example of why you shouldn't believe everything you see on the Internet.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The end of an era.

Southwest will stop serving peanuts, but I doubt they'll begin serving almonds. My best guess is that it will be just pretzels on most flights going forward. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@chgoflyer do you know this or just speculating?

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/09/southwest-airlines-ditching-peanuts/

Sorry, I thought everyone had heard the news. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Wow, big news. I guess Southwest had a leaker who made the edit on Wikipedia. @texaslawhorn182 is that you? 

This would be a perfect opportunity to also announce snack boxes for purchase on long haul flights. An assortment of goodies with a Hawaiian theme perhaps? 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Spam! With a pineapple ring.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

texaslawhorn182
Explorer C

Haha nope I'm not the leaker- But to me this is great news! Let's just hope they're honey roasted almonds. 

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee

@texaslawhorn182 @DancingDavidE @TheMiddleSeat @chgoflyer

We haven't announced a switch to almonds, but this blog post does confirm that as of August 1, we will no longer be serving peanuts onboard. 

ByePeanuts-01.png

Ashley 

Community Manager

Ashley
Community Manager

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Getting rid of peanuts? This is heresy!!!

If you allow this, what's next?!? Getting rid of the "club" seating area at the front and middle of the cabin? Repainting the beautiful ochre, red and orange fuselage? Not using numbered plastic boarding cards?

I feel like I'm losing the Southwest of my youth!!!

Smiley LOLHeartSmiley LOL