Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TWA Airline brat now a Southwest devotee

jonesgirl145
Explorer C

I grew up the daughter of a TWA pilot and took my first flight alone between Geneva and Paris.  We had moved to Cairo, Egypt where the pilots were based and I was returning home from summer camp in Switzerland.  Daddy was flying into Paris so I met up with him for the trip back to Cairo.

I can sum up my life as "I am never happier than when I am on an airplane, taking off, and it does not matter where it will land."  It's just in my blood.

I became a stewardess (flight attendant) upon graduation from college to continue being in the air.  It did not hurt that I had a boyfriend in London, having attended the London School of Economics.  I was promoted to Supervisor and Group Supervisor and was the second woman to superise men - my boss was the first.  

And at 30, I started a headhunting business and have been doing that quite well evr since.  

However, if I could fly again, I would do it in a nanosecond.  Unfortunately, I would not be hired because of my age - and that's fine.  I have to find ways of being in the sky.

That is me - flying is in my blood and Southwest is the best airline in existence.