dfwskier
Aviator A

and the first plane to depart was Southwest's Missouri One

https://twitter.com/BuildKCI/status/1630527139408666625

3 REPLIES 3

Re: The New Kansas City Terminal is Open fo Business

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Very exciting news!  I love those glass jet bridges and can't wait to go check out the new terminal.

--TheMiddleSeat

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Oh my is it beautiful!  Saw it first hand yesterday when we opened the Variety KC inclusive play area, sensory room, adaptive restrooms, and flight simulator room.  Proud of KC for making the airport more inclusive for all!  Now to get all airports to do these kinds of things. 🙂  

As one that is local to KC and only is in the airport to get from one airport to another (no layovers, etc.), I'll certainly miss the convenience of the old airport.  This new one will be fabulous for those with layovers.  Lots of great local places to eat and lots of new shopping areas that I've not seen at other airports.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@PDFelter wrote:

Oh my is it beautiful!  Saw it first hand yesterday when we opened the Variety KC inclusive play area, sensory room, adaptive restrooms, and flight simulator room.  Proud of KC for making the airport more inclusive for all!  Now to get all airports to do these kinds of things. 🙂  

As one that is local to KC and only is in the airport to get from one airport to another (no layovers, etc.), I'll certainly miss the convenience of the old airport.  This new one will be fabulous for those with layovers.  Lots of great local places to eat and lots of new shopping areas that I've not seen at other airports.  

I'll seek out a layover there now!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.