Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Threatening & Harassing Flight Attendant // LIA

champton
Explorer C

Hello!

I'd like to make a formal complaint towards flight attendant, LIA.

Not only was this flight attendant extremely rude, she was threatening to myself & my fiance.  

We decided to fly back to STL from LA to go visit a wedding venue.  We have for the past 5 years flown with our 15lb. little rescue dog, Buddy.  I have always had a ESA letter to support our little guy simply sitting on my lap during flight.  He helps tremendously with both our anxiety of flying. 

Due to Covid, before our flight I went online to check to see if we needed a test to fly.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think animal regulations had changed, but they did.  Upon arrival, we purchased, what we found out to be an extremely small pet travel bag that Buddy barely fit into with the capability of turning around inside, but not at a comfortable level. 

Needless to say, Buddy was freaking out when we tried to zip the front closure!  As would anyone if you tried shoving them into a small bag! 

While all this stress is happening, LIA, made it her mission to stand over us as we tried to calm our pet into the bag, THREATENING to turn the plane around & make us get off because THE ZIPPER WASN'T CLOSED ALL THE WAY!!!  Mind you this is a 1hr. flight.  She made us her personal mark being super rude, insulting us, all the while our making an already extremely stressful situation one of harassment!  

Once landing from a one hour flight that felt like an eternity with this woman constantly passing by & making threats to us, she made it her sole purpose to find a manager to relay this story of our dog's head slightly sticking out of this too small of a bag, on the floor underneath the seat in front of us! 

Finally & at least the manager was sympathetic to us all the while apologizing for LIA's behavior & treatment.  However, nothing really makes up for the level of uncourteous & awfulness we experienced with LIA!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Threatening & Harassing Flight Attendant // LIA

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We sincerely apologize if your interaction with our Employee has you questioning our commitment to providing outstanding Customer Service. As a Customer-to-Customer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to Contact Customer Relations to document your concerns. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Mentioning the FA’s full name in a public forum is not fair to the FA. This post should be removed. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

stl    to la  3 hour flight, was it wrong post?

champton
Explorer C

You are correct.  It is actually a little over 3 hours.  This was our connecting flight to Phoenix.

We then were given 2 options. 

1.  Go into town somehow & find the right size travel bag only to stay the night for the next AM available flight out- hotel cost, extra travel cost  

2.  Drive back to LA to catch the next morning AM flight to drop off Buddy to a caretaker & cancel him going all together- rental car, extra travel costs & now a caretaker at the last minute 

Extra- $600+ later 

champton
Explorer C

What's not fair is the scene this woman caused & the amount of stress & anxiety we all went through on something we were clearing trying to work through.  There was no empathy or any type of concern.  That was not fair. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Too bad we will not hear the employee's side of the story.

There are at lest 2 sides to every story. 

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@dfwskier wrote:

Too bad we will not hear the employee's side of the story.

There are at lest 2 sides to every story. 

If only the media believed in listening to both sides of the story. Whenever an incident on-board a flight makes the news, the media defames the passenger by referring to him or her as "unruly" and assumes that the flight attendants were in the right. 

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story, but always giving the flight attendants the benefit of the doubt is dishonest.