Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tony Roach and the SW Promise

robrob
Explorer B

The Southwest Promise Video by Tony Roach— has Anyone watched it until the end? 🤬 first of all- it’s great until they show the person walking onto the plane. In the videos beginning, they talk about social distancing and wearing a mask, hand sanitizers blah blah blah. But they don’t discuss when you get on the plane how do you social distance?  Especially since Southwest has opened up the middle seat?  This this new fairy and out why would they open up the middle seats?  Granite, there could be people in the seats in front of you and behind you, but no stranger rubbing elbows with you- crammed next to you. So if Tony Roach and SW is so concerned and giving  this “Southwest Promise” how do explain their actions? The video stops when the person walks onto the plane. Why is that? Because they don’t want to admit that they’re putting some people at risk by opening up this middle seats. Tony Roach doesn’t talk about social distancing on the plane as it’s impossible to do. So why do it at all at the airports, in the SW boarding line when it’s all going to irrelevant when you get on the plane? So frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tony Roach and the SW Promise

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I am sorry to see SWA stop the empty middle seat policy but only because I liked not having someone sit next to me. 

Anyone worried about the virus should probably not be traveling. 

Or fly Delta, at least through March. 

robrob
Explorer B

Absolutely flying Delta!

gsking
Aviator C

What about those of us who already had Covid or the vaccine?   What about those of us traveling with family who are using the middle seat anyways? 

We prefer the lower costs afforded to us by normal seating policies. 

In case you weren't paying attention,  they let you know if the plane is more than 2/3 full.   I've never seen it happen.   The plane to Hawaii had less than 50.  The plane I'm on now has all of 16 people. 

Not to mention all the data showing flying is safe.   

So what frustrates me is people complaining about things that really don't matter,  that really don't affect them,  and on forums that really won't make a difference. 

Reminds me of the people I saw last week wearing masks on an empty beach in Hawaii.   Pretty much unclear on the concept,  but apparently willing to be worried?

robrob
Explorer B

First - I also fly SW for business and have for years.  It is a wonderful airline.  I agree they are being upfront with their passengers advising if the plane is full or not.  What I think is very misleading is they discuss Social Distancing the entire time on the video - in the airport, in the lines, boarding in groups of 10--- just not on the plane.  You cannot tell me that is not misleading.  Why Social Distance at all in the Southwest process if they are not going to practice it on the plane -- simple.  Also - If you have a family member with you - sitting in the middle seat has never been an issue.