Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Tuesday Pack your Bags promotion going on right now: Read Posts on this topic before buying.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

For those of you who are considering using the SWA Vacations package, I'm just suggesting that you read the many threads and discussions about those that have had issues with the SWA partner.  In advance know that it's not SWA you are booking with, but a partner.  I'm going to also admit, I've never booked with the partner based on all the posts on this of issues with that company and not getting refunds or cancellation consideration.  I'm sure there are those that have had no issues, and if anyone wants to post those experiences, please do.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Tuesday Pack your Bags promotion going on right now: Read Posts on this topic before buyi

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Many hotels and car rental companies are also offering great deals now and I find that booking directly with the company you are utilizing eliminates so many of the headaches people have been complaining about.  Sure, you may earn a few less Southwest RR points, but it's well worth it in my opinion.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Travel Tuesday Pack your Bags promotion going on right now: Read Posts on this topic before buyi

gsking
Aviator C

Agreed.  I've found the best rates for cars often times are directly through the rental car companies.   I also check Costco travel. 

The extra points are usually more expensive than they are worth. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@gsking   I'm on board with you on this.  I've had issues with trying to get my 600 points for a rental by going through SWA.  (Before I joined this discussion/forum board) They tell you to go to the rental car company, who at some point tells you to go through SWA.  It's a run around that becomes frustrating.   More times than not, I've just let it go and do join the car companies rewards program, (for the pass up going to the counter option) and get much lower rates more often than not.  And for those hoping to bump points for the companion pass, know that when they say it might take up to 7-9 weeks to see those points, they aren't kidding.  So at this point, don't do it for that purpose. Cheers to everyone and happy holiday. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

More times than not, I've just let it go and do join the car companies rewards program, (for the pass up going to the counter option) and get much lower rates more often than not. 

This 100%.  I would gladly pass up a few hundred RR points to skip the rental car counter line!

--TheMiddleSeat