Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling with wheelchair

kaneki83
Explorer C

So I broke my right ankle 🙄 and i will need to be traveling with a wheelchair for the first time ever . I’m a little nervous because i don’t know the process, could anyone give me some tips ? Also i’ll be traveling with my sister and her 2 daughters , would they be able to board with me ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Traveling with wheelchair

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hopefully there's a good story behind the injury. 

Most of your questions are answered here:

https://www.southwest.com/help/accessible-travel-assistance/wheelchairs-and-other-devices

Yes, your family will be able to preboard with you assuming the daughters are young and not capable of boarding by themselves in their assigned boarding position. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@kaneki83 wrote:

So I broke my right ankle 🙄 and i will need to be traveling with a wheelchair for the first time ever . I’m a little nervous because i don’t know the process, could anyone give me some tips ? Also i’ll be traveling with my sister and her 2 daughters , would they be able to board with me ?

For clarification you'll use an airport wheelchair, or you will be bringing your own wheelchair to travel with you.

The first one is easy per @TheMiddleSeat 's link, you can request a wheelchair right on your app or reach out to Twitter, etc.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Thomasannna
Explorer C

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@kaneki83 wrote:

For clarification you'll use an airport wheelchair, or you will be bringing your own wheelchair to travel with you.

The first one is easy per @TheMiddleSeat 's link, you can request a wheelchair right on your app or reach out to Twitter, etc.

This airline is best for wheelchair person..