Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Mask Mandate Extended

jksobonya
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

@bec102896 wrote:

I'd be curious if the mandate ended in March (or whenever it ends) which airlines would still require them. 

Exactly.   There's no real standard being applied,  so there's no way to decide when things are "better".

I'd be willing to bet some airlines keep them longer than mandated,  because they feel it improves their market position.   

I still hope they give us a maskless "smoking section" in the back of the plane.   It'd be a fun way to see how the cliques interact.  😄

Ha! I didn't read the update on this thread until just now, so I didn't realize an extension was already in place. So disappointed. But I'm sure it is extended to combat the "winter of death" that they are projecting. Feels like a Game of Thrones episode - Winter is Coming. Winter is Always Coming. Winter is Never. Going. To. End. 

lol I'll be in that "maskless" section if they ever implement anything like that!

--Jessica

jksobonya
Aviator A

I haven't heard that the March 18 deadline is being extended again - so can we assume that masks on public transit are going to be dropped in about a week?

--Jessica

jksobonya
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

I haven't heard that the March 18 deadline is being extended again - so can we assume that masks on public transit are going to be dropped in about a week?

--Jessica

I stand corrected - the public transit mask mandate has been extended another month. The new deadline is April 18.

I plead the fifth.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/tsa-mask-mandate-set-to-end-next-week-but-will-it-be-ext...

--Jessica