Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WHY IS ANYONE STILL OBJECTING TO MASKS after the recent death of flyer on plane with COVID symptoms?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Everybody's lives matter, not just a select population.  So I'm just wondering why there is still much opposition to wearing a mask.  Yes, they are uncomfortable, Yes, they do make you have a bit of difficulty breathing, and I hate them as much as anyone.  The opposition I keep hearing is why can't lawmakers trust the public to make adult decisions about their own lives.  Well, the DEATH of a person on an AIRLINE flight was left to do just that.  You don't DIE on a flight without knowing before you go on that you have an illness, even COVID doesn't work that fast.  And I hear, I'm not going to let somebody take away my freedom as an American the right to choose, I'm not going to be told what to do by the government.  LOL, show me anyone of those people who say that who LOVES paying taxes.  Unless you haven't figured that out, your federal, state, and county government is making you do something you don't want to do.  (I'm not going to get into laws, how many of us want to just drive as fast as want to get there, but we can't govt. tells us and makes sure we don't, we are told we can't surpass this limit without a PENALTY)  I'm just saying, it's about controlling the virus, not YOU.  Thanks for allowing my rant.  I care about all of you and will wear a mask, wash my hands, and continue to avoid getting close to you out of respect for you, not because I've been TOLD to do it.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: WHY IS ANYONE STILL OBJECTING TO MASKS after the recent death of flyer on plane with COVID sympt

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well said.

Re: WHY IS ANYONE STILL OBJECTING TO MASKS after the recent death of flyer on plane with COVID sympt

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Please protect yourself and others around you.

I am a Sailor

Rogerss
Explorer C

While airlines tout on-board mask mandates and pre-flight symptom checks, it's still easy for people with COVID-19 to get on a plane.  they boarded a flight from San Francisco after knowingly testing positive. While local officials have not confirmed the death was due to COVID-19, both passengers said.

L Brands Aces