Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: WIFI across all your devices

Leslieannh70
Explorer C

The planes are so out of date, a/c did not work, over crowded. Southwest needs another company to take over. My company will make aggreement with American Airlines.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Leslieannh70 overcrowded???  Last time I checked, the rules still required every passenger to have a seat.

--TheMiddleSeat

Leslieannh70
Explorer C

Every seat filled , luggage everywhere

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Leslieannh70 wrote:

Every seat filled , luggage everywhere

That's sort of how airlines work. Perhaps you could fly private? 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Leslieannh70 wrote:

Enjoy AA.

Come back and visit us some time -- ya hear?

floridaguy
Aviator C

I never did buy the story that the new WIFI vendor couldn't track a single purchase through multiple flights and multiple devices during a 24-hour period.

Several contributors here have offered a solution that must have been apparent to the WIFI company.  Simply issuing an invoice number for the purchase would have done the job.  You could have restricted its use to one device at a time so that there was no sharing of numbers.

I say nonsense.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I never did buy the story that the new WIFI vendor couldn't track a single purchase through multiple flights and multiple devices during a 24-hour period.

It seems like they could if it is the same platform, but there are two platforms in use.

Since the airline can’t guarantee that you’ll have a trip on only planes with one platform over the course of the day, and also in my opinion to catch up with how the industry provides this service, they made the change to limit duration per flight.

Multiple devices is certainly possible, others are doing that today it isn’t a technological issue at the industry level. I don’t know if the current platforms do or don’t have the capability, if it was desired from a business perspective.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@floridaguy wrote:

It seems like they could if it is the same platform, but there are two platforms in use.

Since the airline can’t guarantee that you’ll have a trip on only planes with one platform over the course of the day, and also in my opinion to catch up with how the industry provides this service, they made the change to limit duration per flight.

Multiple devices is certainly possible, others are doing that today it isn’t a technological issue at the industry level. I don’t know if the current platforms do or don’t have the capability, if it was desired from a business perspective.

Can we close this one @cheyenneallgood the discussion is getting mixed up with information from a long time ago compared to recent developments, it would be better if anyone wanting to discuss wifi sees only a current thread.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Thanks for pointing this thread out @DancingDavidE!

I will be closing this thread for commenting as the original post was made in 2017 and there have been numerous changes and enhancements in Southwest's WiFi products and offerings since then. 

As a friendly reminder, when searching the Community prior to posting please ensure that the content you intend to share and/or ask is relevant to the original thread. If not, please create a new one.