Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What are some good 3 to 4 day vacation destinations from Los Angeles using Southwest?

mylimo456
Explorer C

I have the CP but have limited vacation so am mostly limited to weekend type trips. What are your favorite destinations starting from northern Los Angeles? Some places that seem good are San Francisco, Denver, Portland, Tahoe/Reno, Mexico City, Las Vegas. Maybe Cabo San Lucas or Puerto Vallarta.

What would you guys recommend? Or your thoughts on the places I mentioned or other places? Is it even possible to see these places on limited time or am I not doing them any justice?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What are some good 3 to 4 day vacation destinations from Los Angeles using Southwest?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do yourself a favor and look at non-stops from Burbank, Long Beach, Orange County, or Ontario (depending on your location within the LA area).  There are a variety of good options for any season, it all depends on what you are looking for in a weekend.  Use the low fare calendar to find the best prices.

Hyperlinks flagged as spam, please do not include on future posts.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: What are some good 3 to 4 day vacation destinations from Los Angeles using Southwest?

gsking
Aviator C

You kinda hit the easy ones, except Mexico city is no longer served. 

I have the same issue out of Burbank.   I chose Denver, Dallas,  SLC, and Ft Lauderdale.   Nashville also works. 

Nonstop gives the best weekend time, but FLL is surprisingly cheap. 

Hawaii is a great option, but currently out of LGB only 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

with the rise in COVID cases, I'd say just about anywhere not in Cali.  As mentioned Hawaii is a great option since they are doing about the best in the U.S. in infection rates.  And it's hard to beat going to the Islands.   just know the highest two-week rolling rates of COVID are the worse in Texas, Cali, and Florida according to CDC today.